Deleting duplicate entries

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

Realm Curator
Realm Curator
With us: 14 years 7 months

Post #1by Realm Curator » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:41 pm

I've run across a problem with deleting duplicate entires. I find where I've added the same book twice but when I try to delete one of the entires, they both go! :(

And of course, it's not noticed until I've gone and sorted the list by title or author and the book is in "one of those stacks over there", so re-entering the info isn't something that can happen quickly - actually it won't happen until we start putting all the books back up on the shelves.

That's going to require checking the database as we go --- tedious task to be sure.

So... how can I delete just one of the duplicate entries?
Don't Litter ~ Spay or Neuter

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:37 am

Hi!

There's no automatic way to delete duplicates unfortunately, but you can automatically check for duplicates when adding a book - there's a special option in Preferences, in the Expert options tab.

Still it's strange that both duplicates are deleted... We'll examine the problem..
Bolide Software Support Team

Realm Curator
Realm Curator
With us: 14 years 7 months

Post #3by Realm Curator » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:00 am

Thanks! Completely missed the check for duplicates in the prefs, but got it checked now! :)
Don't Litter ~ Spay or Neuter

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #4by Gemini » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:13 pm

Great! :)
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Books”