How do I print a list of the books?

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

Realm Curator
Realm Curator
With us: 14 years 7 months

Post #1by Realm Curator » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:53 pm

I've entered most of my books and would like to print out a list of them by Author and Title but I'm not finding an option for that process. Am I just not looking in the right place or is this something that's not available? And if it's not available... why not? Seems like a printable list would be sometihng that should just be a part of this whole thing, y'know?
Don't Litter ~ Spay or Neuter

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:00 am

Hi!

Actually there is such an option in the program already. So, to print your collection you should first export it to one of the formats - menu Tools - Export to Excel (e.g.). You are free to include any data in the list (not only author and title) and set the sorting criterion (by author, title, etc). Having exported your collection to another format, you'll be able to print it.
By the way, starting with version 2.0, we hope there will be an opportunity in AMB to print the list of books in the collection right from the program :wink:

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Realm Curator
Realm Curator
With us: 14 years 7 months

Post #3by Realm Curator » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:35 am

I have tried exporting it to Excel (not real fond of that program) and to plain text (oh, what a mess that was!), but the listing is not in order by author OR title or even in the order I originally entered the books (I have several series that I entered in the order they were originally written and even those titles and authors were scattered throughout the listing).

With the release of this new version will most of the things on the "wish list" also be a part of the update? I'd really like to see that scroll bar be a useful tool instead of something that teases me into thinking it's worth the space it's taking up.

In spite of the little irritants that I'm running into, I do like this program. The ease of data entry is a huge plus and the help I've gotten along the way has been swift and right on target. Looking forward to seeing the update - especially the part about being able to print right from the program files! Huge plus in that.

And the best thing is ... all my books are dusted off and put back on the shelves in alpha order by author with all the "I'll just put this here for now" junk off the bookshelves! LOL
Don't Litter ~ Spay or Neuter

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #4by Gemini » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:38 am

Hi, Realm Curator!

We try to include as many items from users' wishlist as possible, but it's impossible to include them all at once. Developers need some time to examine everything. Still we do our best to make the program most convenient for each user :wink: and we're very thankful for users' ideas.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Books”