Thanks for the best book catalogue application

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

Athens Collectibles
Athens Collectibles
With us: 13 years 9 months

Post #1by Athens Collectibles » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:16 am

Good day,

A couple of days ago, I downloaded the free version of All My Books from the Giveaway of the Day site. I always wanted such an application to catalogue my 2000+ books and had started to do it in an Excel worksheet but that soon proved a very inefficient task.

When I registered and started the application, everything seemed perfect. I immediately liked the GUI, the ease of use and the number of facilities offered, until I entered a book title in Greek as a test. Then, I found out that, although the title appeared correctly with Greek characters as entered, it was shown with Cyrillic characters on the left pane.

I was very disappointed and ready to uninstall the program because over half of my books are in Greek and Cyrillic alphabet is really totally ...Greek to me.

I'm glad I didn't because I just found a solution in Bolide's FAQ about "All My Movies" which worked in "All My Books" too. The solution, in case anyone else is facing a similar problem, is:

1) Select Tools > Preferences from the top menu
2) Select the Display Are tab
3) Click the Set button in the "Book list font" section
4) Change to the proper script from the available (Greek, Western, Turkish, Baltic, Central European, Cyrillic, Vietnamese) in the drop-down list and a font that supports characters in your language. Not all fonts support all non-latin characters but you can check each font in the "Sample" box.
5) Finally, click OK and you are done.

So, here starts a new experience! As I thought that there was no solution to my Greek-characters problem, I found and explored a number of similar applications from Bolide's competitors during the last two days. May I say that they are all far behind All My Books! I will be watching for new versions and will soon buy the All My Movies program to help with my DVD collection.

Many thanks and wishes for a nice weekend to the developers.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:45 am

Hi!
Welcome to our community!
Thank you very much for very nice words about the program! :)

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Athens Collectibles
Athens Collectibles
With us: 13 years 9 months

Post #3by Athens Collectibles » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:53 am

My pleasure :D

Keep up the good work!

Greetings from a very warm Athens.

Return to “All My Books”