New 2.0 version -- A real disappointment

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

iceman59
iceman59
With us: 15 years

Post #1by iceman59 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:33 pm

I just downloaded and installed the 2.0 update. Very disappointed to say the lest. I see no major changes that user have been posting on this site. The three changes I see only 1 will be useful to a few users. Printing.

However even that is useless, for use audiobook users. as the program still does not Sort and group by what we need.

Most all Author's have several Series, and many books in that series that need to be in the order the author's wrote that series.
ALL MY BOOKS still does not allow sorting and grouping by Author's, Series, and Book number. Something taht has been promised for over a year now.

This one item is a deal breaker for me to purchase a new "Major" version that has nothing I need. Adding the above would of been enought for me to upgrade.

I'll wait till some real improvements are made that most use can use.

Nynaevelan
Nynaevelan
With us: 14 years 9 months

Post #2by Nynaevelan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:57 pm

I have to agree with you, I too am a little disappointed. The only feature I see that I would find beneficial is the export to PDF but I do not see that as worthy of the $20 upgrade price. I can just continue to do what I do now and that is to export to HTML and then print it to PDF from my browser. That password feature looks interesting but once again not worthy of upgrading.

It's too bad cause I was really looking forward to this upgrade.
AMM - v5.9.1296
AMB - v2.0.1120

Return to “All My Books”