Question about transfer of the database

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

tenderbaby
tenderbaby
With us: 13 years 6 months

Post #1by tenderbaby » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:17 am

Hello,
I am using All my Books for quite a time,and I have a vast collection of e-books-around 20GB. Recently I bought a new laptop and I want to transfer my books from my old one. I'm little worried is it possible to move my books and my database,as I have added reviews and info about every single book in my program,and I'm afraid it will be all lost,when I move it.Does anyone have any idea how I can transfer my database without losing any data?

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:21 am

You need to save the database to some removal media, like USB Flash drive. You can safely do that using menu item Database-Backup. Then you should copy the database from this flash drive to the new laptop to the folder Documents\AllMyBooks.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

tenderbaby
tenderbaby
With us: 13 years 6 months

Post #3by tenderbaby » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:29 am

thanks a lot. I'm going to try that. When I move my books' folder I have to create the same folder in the new laptop,or my shortcuts will be lost,right?

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #4by Gemini » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:40 pm

It is not necessary to create the same folder. The database file can be copied to any writeable folder, for example to Documents\AllMyBooks.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Books”