Subject shows "undefined" on <book><add&g

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

bkp13
bkp13
With us: 13 years 4 months

Post #1by bkp13 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:09 pm

I need to understand what's going on with the preference settings and how they show up in the book record.

I used <tools><preferences><general> to change the Subject fields to ones that fit the book collection I am building.
see image at https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GCG0jW40vr53y-WmGuAr9DPUaQa0QG0kH8fIL3HOtU4?feat=directlink

When I create a new book <book> <add> the subjects MAIN shows as "not defined" and a pulldown shows the subjects I modified in preferences. There is also an ADDITIONAL has the same pulldown of the subjects I defined in preferences.

Am I supposed to be able to define additional subjects somewhere - like secondary level subjects or what? That would be really nice and fit my needs if it's possible.

Where do I define the additional Subjects? and do they show up somewhere in the book record?

Thanks again
Brenda
Brenda

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:21 am

Hi Brenda!

In earlier versions there main and additional subjects and now main and additional subjects are equal, you can choose several of them, they will be displayed in the book card through commas.
Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Books”