Adding custom fields

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

emiller53
emiller53
With us: 12 years 8 months

Post #1by emiller53 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:34 am

I would like to add a number of custom fields, but there doesn't seem to be any way to display them. I cannot select them in the additional column area of preferences, I can only see them when adding or editing a book. It appears I could display them in the Bookcard area if I wanted to learn HTML, but that isn't high on my list of priorities. How can I display the data I've put into the custom fields?

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:02 am

Unfortunately, you can't display them in a separate column, but they are displayed in the book details area - that's what you seem to have already.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

emiller53
emiller53

Post #3by emiller53 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:07 pm

I think we have a confusion of terms. The only place the custom fields can be viewed is in the Add/Edit dialog. If they cannot be displayed in the column area at the top of the screen, or only by creating a new HTML template for the lower half of the screen, then these custom fields are not of much use. Why are userfields not selectable in the additional columns area of the preferences dialog?
The fields I would like to add include "Formats" for different ebook types, such as LIT, LRF, EPUB, etc. "Source" for where purchased and "Last Read", among others. Seems to me these would be useful fields and should be in there already.
As I mentioned above, I really don't want to learn HTML to be able to display userfields in the template, they should be available in the column area at the top.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #4by Gemini » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:59 pm

Yeah, I see what you mean.
Custom fields are not listed in the Additional columns area of the Preferences dialog but they are not only displayed in Add/Edit dialog, but also in the book details area - at the very bottom of it -have a closer look. Unfortunately, that's the only chance to use them so far.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

emiller53
emiller53

Post #5by emiller53 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:05 pm

OK, I do see that now, by choosing a different template. Unfortunately, the one template I prefer using, "Redline" does not display those items. So, I guess I'm back to creating my own if I want to see those fields.

Famine25
Famine25
With us: 12 years 4 months

Post #6by Famine25 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:01 am

I would like to add a come of pattern comedian, but there doesn't seem to be any way to exhibit them. I cannot superior them in the further column area of preferences, I can only see them when adding or writing a aggregation. It appears I could communicate them in the Bookcard area if I welcome to larn HTML, but that isn't utmost on my slant of priorities. How can I showing the data I've put into the impost comedian?

Return to “All My Books”