Question on new playing time just sdded.

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

iceman59
iceman59
With us: 15 years

Post #1by iceman59 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:00 pm

1. I see that playing time for audiobooks was added in the last update, I have looked everywhere, but cannot find where or how to use this. I assume that the software gets this from the ID3 tag, or reading the file when adding to program.

2. I think there is a new bug in the Scan Drive for Books, before we would hit Remove Existing, then click on add books, the program would add new books. now a card shows up for each book, even if you tell it not to open each card. Iwould like to add all the audiobooks first , then go back and edit each. Any ideals?
Last edited by iceman59 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gemini
Gemini

Post #2by Gemini » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi!
1) when adding audio books, the program displays their playing time in the field Comments.
2) we'll add this option

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

iceman59
iceman59

Post #3by iceman59 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Ok, any chance in adding playing time in Metadata? Also can we have an option to display file size in MB. Audiobooks are always more than a few MB, vs KB just look wrong, This way you can tell at a glance if it is abridged or unabridged, or Add this as field also in Metadata.

Any news on sorting by author, series, book number? we have the fields now in grouping and sorting, maybe add one more called Volume .
ie
Group by Author
Sort by Series
Sort by volume number This should be min 2 ie.. 01, 02, 10,
So we can then get a report on this.

Gemini
Gemini

Post #4by Gemini » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:27 pm

For playing time we will possibly add such a field. As for the size file, unfortunately there won't be the second field.
And it's possible that we'll introduce an option to choose the measurement units - megabytes or kilobytes.

As for different kinds of sorting, it is in the plans.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Books”