Searching in most databases work no more

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

Kihrin
Kihrin
With us: 12 years 4 months

Post #1by Kihrin » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Hi,

if I want to add a new book and fill in a keyword or ISBN and click on the database search button, most databases don't return anything. I tried different Amazon DBs (.de, .co.uk, .com, .ca, .fr) and some other databases. Only Barnes and Nobles works but it takes some time.

I normally use www.amazon.de and it works very fast. The books I want to add are also available at Amazon and I tried it also with books I had entered some times ago. Also internet works propely and I can connect with Amazon.

What could be wrong? I haven't changed anything. I use All My Books v1.9 and never had issues like that :cry:

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi Kihrin!
This can be the problem of 1.9 version, because we can't reproduce it for 2.x version.
I'm afraid the only way out is to upgrade to 2.x version.
Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Rachell
Rachell
With us: 13 years 5 months

Unable to add new books .

Post #3by Rachell » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:01 pm

As from yesterday, I have the same problem. Unable to add new books from all sources. Not with author name, not with Book name , not with IBSN.

My version is 2.2 !

Please help.

Gemini
Gemini

Post #4by Gemini » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:32 am

Rachell
Why are you using version 2.2 instead of the newest one 2.7?
In version 2.7 it works okay.
Kihrin, Rachell
If the problem still exists for you, could you give examples of the books which are not added and the database they are taken from?

Regards,
Last edited by Gemini on Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rachell
Rachell

Unable to add new books

Post #5by Rachell » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:59 pm

Thank you Gemini for prompt reply.

The problem is not with certain books but with all or any book that I want to add.

Is updating to version 2.7 is free of charge ?

Best Regards
Rachell

Gemini
Gemini

Post #6by Gemini » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Rachell, you're welcome! :)
Yes, updating from 2.0 to 2.9 is free of charge.
Only updating from 2.x to 3.x is not free, but all the registered users always get a significant discount.
Regards,

Rachell
Rachell

Problem with adding new books to version 2.2

Post #7by Rachell » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi Gemini,

Replacing my version 2.2 with the new 2.7 fixed my problem.

Can now add new books from all sources.

Thanks for your prompt assistance.

Best Regards
Rachell

Gemini
Gemini

Post #8by Gemini » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:44 am

Great! :)
You're always welcome!

Regards,

baberclan
baberclan
With us: 13 years 8 months

searches not working for those without lastest update

Post #9by baberclan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:27 pm

My search capabilities also mysteriously stopped working at exactly the same time as the original posters'. I think it is quite interesting that the only "fix" for this is to upgrade to the latest version (at extra cost, of course, for those with version 1.9 and below).

I haven't upgraded because there hasn't been anything added that really interested me to this point. Before this I would've considered upgrading at the 3.0 point. However, what I'm not going to do is shell out an extra $20 to $40 every year or so just to keep my software running like it is supposed to.

It appears that all of the different search parameters (i.e. amazon.com, powells, etc) stopped working at the exact same time for those without the lastest update. Very interesting...

If my assumptions about this are in error, then I apologize. However, I would like to point out that when a paid user brings this to the attention of the developers and the only solution is "I'm afraid the only way out is to upgrade to 2.x version" it does not look good. At the least it is poor customer service.

I really hope I am wrong about this as I have loved this software and don't look forward to switching.

Gemini
Gemini

Post #10by Gemini » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:04 am

baberclan
Hi!
We are really sorry to disappoint you with that news and to hear what you're saying. We do understand you very well, but it's not our initiative. Otherwise, why did it stop working exactly now - when version 2.7 is in progress, not AMB 2.1 or something? You see it's not Bolide Software that decided to make changes in Amazon API, though we do understand you and how you feel about it.

We are really sorry!

Regards,

Return to “All My Books”