search by isbn?

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

Kasick
Kasick
With us: 12 years 4 months

Post #1by Kasick » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Can someone scan in an isbn and make the book appear from the database? All the show field can do is by name I think right?

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:51 am

Yes, you can do that. You need to go to Tool-ISBN search and enter or scan the ISBN.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

gavind
gavind
With us: 11 years 4 months

Re: search by isbn?

Post #3by gavind » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:48 pm

Kasick wrote:Can someone scan in an isbn and make the book appear from the database? All the show field can do is by name I think right?

I was wondering if you were able to successfully pull this off. I haven't seen any \one t\did this before.
Movie Addict. Image

jdgretz
jdgretz
With us: 15 years 2 months

Re: search by isbn?

Post #4by jdgretz » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:44 am

gavind wrote:
Kasick wrote:Can someone scan in an isbn and make the book appear from the database? All the show field can do is by name I think right?

I was wondering if you were able to successfully pull this off. I haven't seen any \one t\did this before.

I finally managed to convince AMB that the scanner was valid input (had to try a bunch of times before I discovered which angle at which the Cue Cat wanted to be held).

I did change the look-up data base to Amazon from Barns and Nobel. That also helped.

jdg

Return to “All My Books”