All My Books New Version 3.0 "BIG DISAPPOINTMENT"

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

iceman59
iceman59
With us: 15 years

Post #1by iceman59 » Thu May 10, 2012 2:50 pm

:twisted: 1. What a REALLY BIG disappointment the new 3.0 is, nothing new, as far as I can tell, You still cannot sort by Author-Series-Book number, YOU have been able to sort by Author, Author Last name, Series (Stand Alone), or Book number. All these are in version 2. BUT NOT together. So what good does printing do if they are not listed by Author-Series-Book number.
2. Duplication books still has nothing done to it. There are many books with the same title. Yet there is only one book by a Author and that title. So duplication should look at more than the Title as that is worthless with books.
3. Why is this a Major upgrade. There is nothing that version 2 did not do, other than a few print, which are worthless as is.

Again this the biggest disappointment of the YEAR!!!!! :twisted:

I will not be paying for this upgrade as in my view, There is no value in this upgrade, nor any thing to justify charging for nothing we can use.
Last edited by iceman59 on Thu May 10, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gemini
Gemini

Post #2by Gemini » Thu May 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Sorry to disappoint you iceman59... but it is not necessary to pay and update, you are welcome to continue using All My Books 2.9.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

skc
skc
With us: 12 years 5 months

Re: All My Books New Version 3.0 "BIG DISAPPOINTMENT&qu

Post #3by skc » Thu May 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Unfortunately I have to agree with you.
Unlike you I was more trusting and paid up the upgrade fee before evaluating!
All I've noticed so far is new start icon (which after restart of PC reverted back to the old) and some bugs that I thought had been eliminated, now coming back!
I certainly hope further updates with version 3.0 will show some improvements on this.

iceman59 wrote::twisted: 1. What a REALLY BIG disappointment the new 3.0 is, nothing new, as far as I can tell, You still cannot sort by Author-Series-Book number, YOU have been able to sort by Author, Author Last name, Series (Stand Alone), or Book number. All these are in version 2. BUT NOT together. So what good does printing do if they are not listed by Author-Series-Book number.
2. Duplication books still has nothing done to it. There are many books with the same title. Yet there is only one book by a Author and that title. So duplication should look at more than the Title as that is worthless with books.
3. Why is this a Major upgrade. There is nothing that version 2 did not do, other than a few print, which are worthless as is.

Again this the biggest disappointment of the YEAR!!!!! :twisted:

I will not be paying for this upgrade as in my view, There is no valve in this upgrade, nor any thing to justify charging for nothing we can use.

Sunshine6174
Sunshine6174
With us: 11 years 9 months

Post #4by Sunshine6174 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:50 pm

I'm just wondering why the update isn't free?! I downloaded it, but after reading this review, and now finding out that the update isn't free, I'll just stick with the old.

iceman59
iceman59

Post #5by iceman59 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:16 am

I agree there is nothing new in this version that should require a user to pay for an update. Correct me if I'm wrong, but an upgrade should mean that New items that USERS have requested have been added that make the product easier to use. Now I must admit I use the program for Audiobooks only, that I have converted to MP3 format, and to be honest the program does not do any special for audiobooks.
1. Does not grab all the information from the ID Tag.
2. Has No way to grab the information from any web site that contains the information on the audiobook.
3. Does Not list in correct order, by Author, Series, Book Number.
4. And many more things that would help.

That all being said. You can do all but number 3 by hand. I use a program called LS. that will do number three, so I know it is possible, just beyond the programmer abilities, I believe. Since this has been an issue for 4 years now. I use iTunes as it grabs all the information, but has it's limits as well. So for now we have no program that is really #1 for Audiobooks. with over 7100 Audiobooks it would be nice to have a program that would do some of the work.

Gemini
Gemini

Post #6by Gemini » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:19 am

iceman59
Thanks for the detailed criticism! Sure, it will help us improve the program.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

flogger123
flogger123
With us: 12 years 2 months

Post #7by flogger123 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:39 pm

+1 on grabbing an information from an ID tag. Would save a lot of time with huge tasks. Image

Return to “All My Books”