iPad e-mail & password

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

Samnite
Samnite
With us: 11 years 2 months

Post #1by Samnite » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:23 pm

I've just loaded the iPad version of All My Books and attempted to use the Windows based e-mail and password -- it was rejected.

Can you please outline the sequence of using a e-mail and syncing with the Windows database?

Thank you.

Frank Murphy
Frank Murphy
With us: 11 years 1 month

Post #2by Frank Murphy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:37 pm

I'm having exactly the same problem. I know the email address Bolide have for me and the PC Activation Code but no password that I am aware of other than my password for the forum. This doesn't work on the iPad App.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #3by Gemini » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi there!

Please follow these synchronization instructions and everything should work fine.
http://www.bolidesoft.com/allmybooks/ios-online.html

If it doesn't work, please write :)

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Samnite
Samnite
With us: 11 years 2 months

Received no password

Post #4by Samnite » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 pm

I repeatedly entered the password I had recorded and it was rejected.

Selected "Get password" and still no password was received.

Do we have to make this so complicated?

Frank Murphy
Frank Murphy

Post #5by Frank Murphy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:10 pm

I followed the instructions on the link you provided and was able to successfully get all my books database into the iPad from my PC. Its rather a complicated procedure and not a way of keeping the iPad and PC synchronised on-the-fly with each other. Presumably I have to go through this procedure each time I enter a new book into my PC AMB database.
I am still not sure what the point of the iPad AMB top icons (one like a cloud and one like a cogwheel) is as they both require a non-existent password??

Frank Murphy
Frank Murphy

Post #6by Frank Murphy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:14 am

The transfer books to iPad by file works as per instructions. The transfer books to iPad by Internet doesn't seem to work because it hangs at the upload of data stage and never completes that part of te operation. That's a pity as the transfer by Internet seems the easier way to get the ALM to iPad if it would work

Gemini
Gemini

Post #7by Gemini » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:18 am

Hi!
We'll check it out.

Regards,

transfer via internet problem

Post #8by Guest » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:58 pm

I am having the same problem as Frank Murphy.

Gemini
Gemini

Post #9by Gemini » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:23 am

Frank Murphy wrote:The transfer books to iPad by file works as per instructions. The transfer books to iPad by Internet doesn't seem to work because it hangs at the upload of data stage and never completes that part of te operation. That's a pity as the transfer by Internet seems the easier way to get the ALM to iPad if it would work

Hi there!

Try the new version - everything should work fine there :)

Regards,

Return to “All My Books”