Creating a printable list of my audiobook collection-How to?

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

mdmedicine
mdmedicine
With us: 9 years 10 months

Post #1by mdmedicine » Sun May 04, 2014 7:13 pm

This is my first post. I recently purchased the All My Books software. I sent the following question to support 10 days ago and then again yesterday but have not received a response. I am hoping that someone on this forum is able to provide the answer...

I have a sizable audiobook collection (about 2,500). I would like to create a printable list of these books. Each one is in its own folder, each with entitled in the following format example:

Dean Koontz - Lightening

Is there a way for me to copy the folder titles (without the contents) and be able to paste those titles into, say, a word document?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #2by Gemini » Wed May 07, 2014 7:41 am

Hi there!

If all these books have been added to All My Books (for example, after mass adding using "Book-Scan drive for books..."), then you can export this list to PDF, or Excel, or txt using menu item "Tools-Export to..." And this list can be successfully printed out.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

mdmedicine
mdmedicine
With us: 9 years 10 months

Post #3by mdmedicine » Wed May 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Thank you very much for your response. I had one other issue which was also brought up by another forum member.

For some reason, I am unable to add more than 1/2 of my audiobook library before the program freezes. I have attempted this at least 15 times without success. I have also tried "checking" each audiobook one at a time and it still "freezes"at about 3,570/7,319.

Another forum member posted the same issue on the forum on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:37 pm Post: Subject: "Trouble adding audiobooks."
Support responded the next day by saying, "We'll answer soon."

Since I am having the same problem, I am also interested to know the solution.

I look forward to your response to my software issue as soon as possible.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #4by Gemini » Thu May 08, 2014 1:28 pm

You're right, mdmedicine - it's my fault, I am really sorry for that :oops:

The program may have problems with a specific file. You can do the following to identify the problem file:

Next time the program freezes, close it and restart it.
After that try using "Scan drive for books.." again and remove from the list the books which have already been added (using the button "Remove existing"). In this case the problem-causing file should be the first in the list. And if you do manage to identify the problem file where the program freezes, could you send it to support@bolidesoft.com?
We'll probably be able to figure out how to solve it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Books”