Access to database tables

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

Doomedblues3
Doomedblues3
With us: 10 years 10 months

Post #1by Doomedblues3 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to access the tables associated with the database so that they can be edited? I call them "lists" or "tables" but I believe the program refers to them as "Directories.

What I'm trying to do is edit the list that is associated with a "Custom Field" like a user can do with the list associated with the "Subjects" field now. Specifically I'm trying to edit three custom fields named "Original Publication Date", "Original Publisher", & "Box #". As you add new items that aren't on the list the new item is added to the list that shows when the drop-down list is displayed. Somehow (I'm pretty sure operator error) there are items that have been added that I would like to get rid of in the list so the list doesn't become so unruly. I'm just trying to tidy-up and not store items that are not needed.

Thank You in Advance for Your Time & Efforts,
:) Doomedblues3 :)

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #2by Gemini » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:05 am

Hi there!

Sorry for the delay!
I gave your question the developers, but no clear answer here.
There are no such standard fields in the program, and dropdown lists for custom fields are filled in with all the field values available in the database.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Books”