Filtering 30, 60, 90 days

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

marcusah
marcusah
With us: 5 years 1 month

Post #1by marcusah » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:32 pm

Hello,

I'm having an issue with a great feature, I like to show what movies have been added in 30 days, 60 days or 90 days. When I see an error in a record I like to correct it. However is there a way to keep the program from reverting to showing every record after editing one record and have it stay filtered showing the 30, 60 or 90 day view for new records? It's really annoying to have to keep switching back after each one. I suppose I could try using the next record button however just curious.

Thanks

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:47 pm

:idea: A quick way to accomplish this would be to sort your database by "Date Added" (instead of by "Title"). Then, work through to your desired time-frame.

Or, from the toolbar:
"Quick Filter" > "Show New" > "Last 60 Days"
Titles remain filtered for me until I clear the filter with the red 'X' by the search field.
Also, choosing the "Next" button works properly in filtered results.

marcusah
marcusah

Post #3by marcusah » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:40 am

Hello,

Right but if I close the edit window, it switches back to showing all records. I'd rather be able to close it and click another record to edit instead of using the next button. If I have to I will, but I was just asking about how to keep it on this filter without it jumping back. You're right I should just filter it by date added.

Thanks

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #4by bolide » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:48 pm

marcusah wrote:Right but if I close the edit window, it switches back to showing all records.

I cannot reproduce it. In my case, with the latest v8.9, when I closing movie card dialog (either with OK or Cancel), the movie list remains filtered.
Also, "Next movie" and "Previous movie" buttons in the movie card dialog works correctly.
The return to the full list is possible by pressing the Esc key or red cross button in the toolbar.

Can you describe your steps to reproduce the problem?
Bolide Software

marcusah
marcusah

Post #5by marcusah » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:59 pm

Hello,

Specifically when editing a record, not just viewing a record and specifically when things are filtered under quick filter -> Show New -> Last 30 Days. If I have it filtered like this and edit a record after clicking ok because I am done editing then it flips back to showing all records and won't stay filtered showing the last 7 days. This is the same if I choose 30 days or 60 days. I'm running version 8.9 build 1459. To be fair I have over 7000 entries in the database.

Thanks

Return to “All My Movies”