Image Comparer development at a total standstill ?

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about Image Comparer. Any suggestions are welcome!
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

LuckyStrike
LuckyStrike
With us: 16 years 11 months

Post #1by LuckyStrike » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:07 pm

Hi.

Just curious if all development has stopped regarding Image Comparer. It's been about 16 months - more or less - since any update from version 2.3.

Naturally, any improvements as far as speed of the program and improved image management and disrimination, as well as a more flexible GUI would also be welcomed.

However It'd be nice to have a built-in Help File / CHM, if nothing else.

At any rate, it's rather disappointing to have read this post from quite a while back:

bolide wrote:Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:22 am Post subject: Re: v2.3 - "Exclude files" misleading dialog message
bolide
Site Admin
bolide wrote:
motobojo wrote:Why did you replace "Delete records" with "Exclude files"?
Somebody asks to do it this way.
I don't like many things in Image Comparer too, but I'm not an author and I have a bad agreement with the author at this moment. Even don't know if there will be any new version, sorry.

I think the best way to improve Image Comparer is completely rewrite it and change some concepts even. But I can't do it now

We'd all be grateful for any improvements and to have the option of having the improvements made available to those of us who've paid good money for a program which now seems to have been all but ignored as far as any further development. :-(

Thanks for your attention.

LuckyStrike
LuckyStrike

Post #2by LuckyStrike » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:45 am

Perchance... are there to be any comments forthcoming from the Bolidesoft "management" regarding this observation ? :wink:

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 8 months

Post #3by bolide » Wed May 02, 2007 3:14 pm

Image Comparer will be completely rewritten this summer. Now exclusive rights belongs to us
Bolide Software

LuckyStrike
LuckyStrike

Post #4by LuckyStrike » Fri May 04, 2007 5:48 am

OK... so then, it's not been completely overlooked. :-)

Now, inasmuch as I purchased license key starting with version 2.2 (~ 18 months ago) and am now at version 2.3 (released ~ 16-18 months ago), will I - and others - who purchased such program versions - both "minor" revisons - within said period be able to update the program ? What update policy will Bolidesoft offer for this "new rewrite" when Image Comparer v.? is completed ?

Cheers and thanks again for your reply. :)

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 8 months

Post #5by bolide » Fri May 04, 2007 1:18 pm

New Image Comparer version will be a major update and will cost $29.95 for the new customers. For the previous version owners there will be at least 50% discount.

Main ideology of Image Comparer will be changed in the new 3.0 version.
There will be "gallery" concept. You can add images to the galleries and then make a comparison inside the gallery or with another gallery.
Wizards dialogs will be used to make it easier.

If you have any suggestions about features, please post them here.
Bolide Software

LuckyStrike
LuckyStrike

Post #6by LuckyStrike » Fri May 04, 2007 10:23 pm

*Major Disappointment !!! *
I feel I've been rooked ! :x

Your Purchase software page states:
Link - http://www.bolidesoft.com/imagecomparer/purchase.html
Will I receive free updates to the software?
You will receive all minor updates free. For example, if you purchased the key for version 3.3, it will work with version 3.9 too, but not with version 4.0. An update to the next major version is available for a reduced price.
That'd be fine if it were true, but inasmuch as I purchased version 2.2 and received but one measly update for the program in more than one year, it's not at all fine. :-//////

Furthermore, you state:
New Image Comparer version will be a major update and will cost $29.95 for the new customers. For the previous version owners there will be at least 50% discount.

The initial cost of the purchased program was:
Single User License -- $19.95

This implies that one will pay approximately $15.00 for an upgrade ! Yes, I can agree that your proposed rewrite could be considered as a *major revision*, but to have had but *one update/upgrade* offered in nearly 18 months is ..... UNBELIEVABLE ! :x
So, if Bolide continues with that methodology, one can only expect version 3.0 to have one, maybe two updates to versions 3.1 and 3.2 respectively, and then - guess what - Bolide will have a *major revision* to version 4.0 and again, customers will be held to pay a ransom for an upgrade.

Your purchase page posits: "...if you purchased the key for version 3.3, it will work with version 3.9 too, but not with version 4.0". :roll: Well, that never happened, now did it ?

One could have only hoped that version 2.2 would have been updated and improved to have reached as far as version 2.9. Alas, such was not to be the case. But, at the risk of being redundant --> ONE measly meagre update in 18 months !!! :evil:

Very annoyed. :-/////////////

aires69uk
aires69uk
With us: 17 years 6 months

Post #7by aires69uk » Sat May 05, 2007 11:29 pm

Well I'm delighted to know there will be a new version. But what will be rewritten - the interface or the interface and algorithm. Becuase I have to tell you that the reason I bought this app was because of the algorithm.

Also you say that you welcome all suggestions - please read through all the existing suggestions in this forum. I presume one of the reasons you have this forum is not only to give feedback but also to receive feedback.

Please read through all the suggestions that have been made so far. Most of us will be paying customers and I'd like to think you'd already read our suggestions.

Return to “Image Comparer”