All My Movies: post your suggestions here

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

jesperm
jesperm
With us: 17 years 1 month

Change type of moviedetails when using HTML template

Post #61by jesperm » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:10 pm

Is it possible to add the possibility to change what details are visible when you use the HTML template. They look great compared to the old style but some of them don´t show as many deatils as the old one... audio codec, subtitles etc etc

Benman
Benman
With us: 17 years 2 months

Post #62by Benman » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:39 pm

Would be nice to implement something so you can 'name' your list. I added a name (Ben's Movielist) manually but i guess some don't know how to do that.

Example:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~benman/movielist/Bens Moviedatabase.html

Woo-Cash
Woo-Cash
With us: 17 years 4 months

Post #63by Woo-Cash » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:44 pm

It's not a real suggestion but I didn't want to start a new topic. Desktop icon is named "All My Movies " instead of "All My Movies". And when the list is filtered (e.g. by Seen), scrollbar doesn't work correctly. The second one is a little annoying sometimes.

Woo-Cash
Woo-Cash

Post #64by Woo-Cash » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:40 am

There's another little thing. When I download data from imdb I always change countries' names into polish, so I mark name and type polish, but after one letter cursor jumps a few letters forward. It's a very little thing but sometimes annoying.

rhawke
rhawke
With us: 16 years 10 months

OGM Support

Post #65by rhawke » Fri May 04, 2007 1:07 pm

Hi!

I'm currently using the trial of all my movies. However I have a huge problem: I have most of my movies on the harddisk as OGM files. Unfortunately I cannot import them. Even though I can do an Add From File and choose all files AMM just hangs since it seems to try to open the OGM file and does not really know how to handle it.

One solution for that would be to allow to add movie files WITHOUT opening them. Just let me define the file extensions that I want to add and use the file name as title and link the title back to the file name.

Is this possible?

Greetings

rhawke

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Re: OGM Support

Post #66by bolide » Fri May 04, 2007 1:20 pm

rhawke wrote:One solution for that would be to allow to add movie files WITHOUT opening them. Just let me define the file extensions that I want to add and use the file name as title and link the title back to the file name.

Build 1239 allows to edit file extension filter for the "Scan drive for movies", so you can add OGM there and check "get title from file name"
Bolide Software

rhawke
rhawke

Post #67by rhawke » Fri May 04, 2007 1:46 pm

wow that went quick!!!

however it still does not work: AMM seems to try to open the OGM file ( i can see that since my ffdshow direct show filter icons appear in the systray) and then AMM does not do anything anymore. It just gets stuck telling me to wait until it adds the movie. all i can do is use the task manager to close AMM again.

two more things i would actually love:

1)
is it possible to have the custom html export templates not only as export templates but also as browsing templates? I made myself a template which displays mainly the covers and the title plus ratings, always 2 movies in 1 row.

but when i have that in my browser i can't click on the title anymore and get to the main movie info page, or what would be even more important ... start the movie.

2) i could not find a way to simply download the information of ALL actors in my DB. am i just blind?

well but basically my biggest concern is the import. my idea would again be to let me add the movies without trying to open the file.

greetings

rhawke

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #68by bolide » Fri May 04, 2007 1:51 pm

rhawke wrote:however it still does not work: AMM seems to try to open the OGM file ( i can see that since my ffdshow direct show filter icons appear in the systray) and then AMM does not do anything anymore. It just gets stuck telling me to wait until it adds the movie. all i can do is use the task manager to close AMM again.

Try to check "add movie titles only" checkbox

rhawke wrote:is it possible to have the custom html export templates not only as export templates but also as browsing templates? I made myself a template which displays mainly the covers and the title plus ratings, always 2 movies in 1 row.

HTML export templates and movie card templates are different things :0 First ones are in "templates" folder and the second ones are in "moviecards" folder of the AMM installation path

rhawke wrote:2) i could not find a way to simply download the information of ALL actors in my DB. am i just blind?

Sorry, there is no way to do this
Bolide Software

rhawke
rhawke

Post #69by rhawke » Fri May 04, 2007 1:51 pm

sorry for being so lame ... i just found it:

i have to check: add movie titles only

but what about the other proposals?

rhawke
rhawke

Post #70by rhawke » Fri May 04, 2007 1:54 pm

bolide wrote:HTML export templates and movie card templates are different things :0 First ones are in "templates" folder and the second ones are in "moviecards" folder of the AMM installation path

yup i do know that they are different. but thats why i ask. wouldn't it be possible to add a type of "movie-browser" where simply the templates would be used to browse through the movies.

the problem with the movie card templates is that it will only fit one movie per page (the selected movie) which means that i will have to go trough my whole movie list just to see all the covers.

owen
owen

Post #71by owen » Mon May 07, 2007 6:33 pm

It would be better if we can have more options to personalize the import HTML.

Der_Picknicker
Der_Picknicker

Post #72by Der_Picknicker » Sun May 13, 2007 3:40 pm

would it be possible to add a button to view a trailer or to search in google for a trailer?

and another suggestion: rate the movies in the right side of the window because i'm too lazy to do it in the movie card

Johmovies
Johmovies

Adding Iso Files to Database

Post #73by Johmovies » Mon May 14, 2007 9:39 pm

Hi, I would love to have the Ability to Not Just play Iso files but to Read them and add them to the database with Art work and Description of the movie too!. I would just settle for the Ability to add them to the data base. Thanks

splitz
splitz

Post #74by splitz » Tue May 15, 2007 12:38 am

is it posible to ad a button to switch betwen adult database search and normal database search.ad the moment i have to switch betwen thos two
:shock:

Jarl
Jarl
With us: 16 years 11 months

Post #75by Jarl » Thu May 17, 2007 2:55 pm

Is it posible to add the "IMDb Top 250" list rankings to the all my movie's database automaticly?
Right now i add them manualy but it would be nice if it would be done on it's own.

Johan

Return to “All My Movies”