All My Movies: post your suggestions here

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

BubbleBee
BubbleBee
With us: 16 years 4 months

Post #91by BubbleBee » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:22 pm

jcscar21 wrote:I downloaded yoursoftware from the free thing a day site. I love it! As soon as I have to reinstall I'm sure I will be buying a copy. I have over 185 movies listed on it currently. There is one feature, that would make this software supreme, at least in my opinion.

All of my movies are on DVD, I would like to be able to watch previews easily from the description page. I realize not all of them will have previews, but some is better than none.

I would the previews to be like the photo art, you can add one yourself if you want.

Just an idea!

I would the huh?
I think you made a grammer error.

I have around 200 movies. Far too many. I am cutting back on my collection to save room in my room.

Acuum
Acuum

SQL input box

Post #92by Acuum » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:37 pm

Hi,

I really would like to be able to make my own filters/views based on standard SQL input box.

is this please possible?

rhawke
rhawke
With us: 16 years 10 months

online database - check first item option

Post #93by rhawke » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:53 pm

what would be nice is a button that goes through all movies that are currently selected (via the search bar) and download imdb and amazon/dvdempire cover infos. if there are several results there shouldn't be any prompt. you could always select the 1st item in the list.

I've tried this with a lot of my movies and I'd say that over 90 %, the 1st item is the correct item. It would be much easier to browse through the movies at the end and check for these 10 %.

just an idea ;)

Acuum
Acuum

Post #94by Acuum » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:53 pm

I'd really like an export to mysql database.

I want to build my own dynamic web interface with my own search functions and optimised for speed not for look.

for this i'd like to put it on my linux box and run php on apache and access a mysql database becuase its all free.

downe
downe
With us: 16 years 5 months

Post #95by downe » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:18 am

It would bi nice to add one more field for custom url adress. I have some another web site with movie recensions on my language, so great possibility would be to add in aplication url adress of another web site for movie.

downe
downe

Post #96by downe » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:52 am

This is a lot of work, I guess, but application takes information only from the first page on imdb.com. It would be nice to take other informations about movie, like all actors in movie (not just first 15), then full synopsis, trivia and goofs, and also awards and nominations for that movie. You can make something like link and pop-up window, in witch will be placed this adittional informations.

eXcyle
eXcyle
With us: 16 years 2 months

Post #97by eXcyle » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:31 pm

It would be nice if All My Movies could import actors automatically when adding a movie.
Actor names are already processed, so the right actor link is already known to the program, only thing missing is an automated import of these actors.
I know not everyone wants to have the actors info in the database, but a simple checkbox in the config would be enough to satisfy everyone

And another suggestion (i know it has been requested before), is support for Series (without having to add every episode as a separate "movie" )

Other than that; great work on the program so far :)

downe
downe

Post #98by downe » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:06 pm

one more thing, font size is to small in right window, it would be nice to add option to increase font size...

datasource
datasource
With us: 16 years 10 months

Post #99by datasource » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:45 am

downe wrote:one more thing, font size is to small in right window, it would be nice to add option to increase font size...

If you are using old style to display movie card (View->Old Style), then you can control font sizes through Tools->Preferences->Display Area. If you are using HTML templates, for example "modern" (View->HTML Template->modern) then you need to edit HTML template to change font size. Movie Card HTML templates are located in C:\Program Files\AllMyMovies\moviecards

downe
downe

Post #100by downe » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:56 am

[/quote]If you are using HTML templates, for example "modern" (View->HTML Template->modern) then you need to edit HTML template to change font size. Movie Card HTML templates are located in C:\Program Files\AllMyMovies\moviecards[/quote]

Thanks. I am not good with html editing, but I succeeded to increase font size...

A2JC4life
A2JC4life
With us: 16 years

Post #101by A2JC4life » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:34 pm

I second (third?) the suggestion to ignore A, An, and The at the beginning when alphabetizing titles.

Also, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned (too many pages of thread to read through on a slow dialup connection), but I would like to be able to sort by custom genres. Having this as a separate field would be great, because then we could sort by the default genres or by our own family-originated genres.
Be blessed!
~Rachel R.

RAKISHI
RAKISHI
With us: 16 years

Post #102by RAKISHI » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:54 pm

Is it possible to create an autoupdate function for updating, apart from ratings, any missing details (eg studio, director, year, etc) and auto update also the actors? Especially the last one is very frustrating to do it on your own, especially i fyou have a lot of movies!

Also it would be a great idea to add the back covers of the dvd somehow from dvd empire and be able to rate each movie yourself (second rating system).

And can you add to the software the new plugins for the online database which you can download them from here

downe
downe

Post #103by downe » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:15 pm

Great thing would be to import actors and actors role in that movie from imdb.

downe
downe

Post #104by downe » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:54 am

There are very nice images for movies on site filmweb.pl
Is it possible to update movie only with images from filmweb.pl
I mean, nice thing would be to get all information from imdb (with screenshots offcourse), and then update movie with some more images from filmweb.pl, but other information to stay intact.

downe
downe

Post #105by downe » Fri May 09, 2008 8:43 pm

In the left window where are the movie titles, nice thing would be to make tooltips with full title when title is too long and user cant see full name of movie. Then user just hovers the cursor over title, without clicking it, and a small box appears with full name of movie.

I know I can extend width of left window to see full title, but I like bigger surface of right window, so tooltips would be nice solution :)

Return to “All My Movies”