All My Movies: post your suggestions here

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Loevgaard
Loevgaard
With us: 15 years 4 months

Post #121by Loevgaard » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:25 pm

Hey! First I wanna say that this is a great application! Also, my english is not so good, so please bear with my english :)

But, I have some improvements, making it better ;)

1. I think there should be a manual HTML edit function, meaning that you can edit the way of look that the current movie is showed. Sort of like the old versions of DVD Profiler, unfortunately they choosed to remove it.

2. I could also imagine a "collection" function. A function to add a collection with several other movies. And then it should be possible to edit/add things to the movies of the collection, like extra features, audio and video functions, etc. on both the movies of the collection and the collection. Let's take an example: The Quentin Tarantino Collection, consists of Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill vol. 1 & 2, Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown. Simply add/edit the facts and info of the movies. To an addition, I would like covers/backcovers to the movies separately and the collection itself. I hope you understand what I mean.

3. A review section of the single movie. Simply add reviews from others or write your own.

4. Wishlist movies/owned movies must be seperated. I don't like the way it is mixed together.

5. An addition to this wishlist. Make it possible to specify details about where the wished item can be bought, what it costs, etc.

6. And then the final wish and I think this is the most important one. A fixed system in adding subtitles, audio tracks, adding aspect ratio/video info and so on. Make it possible to check the subtitles, audio tracks, etc. instead of we're writing it ourselves.

That was some suggestions from my side, I hope you can use it. I only have a final question left.
Is my license I bought with the v5.0 not compatible with v5.1, because it isn't working?!

Killroy
Killroy

Post #122by Killroy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:46 pm

I love All My Movies but I was wondering if there is a way to add a keyboard shortcut to the "Play Media" button? This would be great in order to set up my remote control without having to reach for my wireless mouse and scroll to the button.

HEDGEROW
HEDGEROW
With us: 17 years 10 months

Post #123by HEDGEROW » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:54 pm

any chance adding media count to excel export

also more options for what is exported to PDA device

Jarl
Jarl
With us: 16 years 11 months

Post #124by Jarl » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:33 pm

Is it possible to make this software U3 ready?
http://www.u3.com

slickshark
slickshark
With us: 15 years 3 months

Post #125by slickshark » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:16 am

Please add an option to launch a movie by double-clicking it. I think this would be easy to do. You can just add a preference to enable or disable this.

It's much easier and more intuitive to launch a movie this way. If I double-click a file in Windows explorer, it launches it. Why can't I do this in your program? Thanks!

RAKISHI
RAKISHI
With us: 16 years 1 month

Post #126by RAKISHI » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:38 am

Please add when you get info for a movie from imdb to get information about the awards that it haves and also for the actors

hasse
hasse
With us: 15 years 2 months

Post #127by hasse » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:32 pm

posted this in the wrong place before so i post it here also ,sorry about that
hi
it would be nice to be able custumise the moviecard templates in a easy way without knowing html code. I guess most people have their own whishes how the info is shown ,and what info to show. or perhaps a guide how to change the moviecard ,text size ,pictures and what fields to show .

is it possible to get more scripts ,perhaps from more countries ,,why not from ,lets say ,sweden where i live ,its esier to read what the movie is about in your own language, insted of cut and paste from local movie database.

it would also be nice to be able to choose if you want "a" and "the" in the beginning or the end of the movie name

Great program by the way ,,imported movies from dvd pro ,,it worked fine. like the possibility to start movie from the program ,and the adding of movies from folders,

thanks

downe
downe
With us: 16 years 5 months

Post #128by downe » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:41 pm

In thumbnail view, there are not visible personal marks, maybe you can make title (with personal mark) below thumbnail to be in different color.

Fatal Mind
Fatal Mind
With us: 15 years 2 months

Post #129by Fatal Mind » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:24 pm

hasse wrote:it would also be nice to be able to choose if you want "a" and "the" in the beginning or the end of the movie name

I agree, that would be a great update to the program ! i often have to change the title of a movie becouse of this.

StormShadow
StormShadow
With us: 17 years 7 months

Post #130by StormShadow » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:53 pm

Better support for MKV specs would be nice. :)

With us: 16 years

Post #131by 1893 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:56 pm

I'm working with 2 different AMM-databases, but some movies are part of both databases. It would be great, to export single movies to the other database.

progrocktv
progrocktv

Post #132by progrocktv » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:51 pm

Great program so far. A couple of things I'd like to see:

-a BACK COVER field (which could be displayed below the FRONT COVER)

-A template with the ability to print full FRONT and BACK covers (like the current DVD cover template but with a full back cover image.

-In the EPISODES tab, the ability to designate which disc an episode is on (maybe a field next to the Season Number and Episode Number)

Cheers!

sfadmin
sfadmin
With us: 15 years

Post #133by sfadmin » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:58 am

Fatal Mind wrote:
hasse wrote:it would also be nice to be able to choose if you want "a" and "the" in the beginning or the end of the movie name

I agree, that would be a great update to the program ! i often have to change the title of a movie becouse of this.

I would also like that option to be implemented into the next build if possible.

instigator2000
instigator2000
With us: 15 years

Additions to make it PERFECT

Post #134by instigator2000 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:29 am

Hi, great program and a few of my friends and i are seriously considering buying it. The only 2 abilities i wish it had to make it perfect for me is

1. Automatic searching and assigning of 1st IMDB info result for multiple film files, so that you don't have to search for each movie individually. The majority of the time, the first film found in the search is the right one. If its wrong it can be changed later, which would save a lot on setup time. I know of one software that does this, but its lacking in other areas which all my movies is not.

2. Auto allocation of file path by searching in the assigned folder for the file. This would prevent having to "show" the program where each file is individually located as this is a tedious and time consuming task. Most people nowadays have hard disk based movie collections, and although the program does cater for playing files direct, more support for this feature would be great.

Since i have a vast collection, to set it up using this program would take days, especially for several tv series i have on hard disk, each with over 170 episodes.
If you do update it to include these options please contact me as i (and many people i know) will want to buy this software

Thank you

Instigator2000

slickshark
slickshark
With us: 15 years 3 months

Post #135by slickshark » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:00 am

progrocktv wrote:Great program so far. A couple of things I'd like to see:

-a BACK COVER field...
Cheers!

I would also like the back cover added to HTML templates (I use light gray). Displaying them next to each other would be perfect.

Return to “All My Movies”