All My Movies: post your suggestions here

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

xpto
xpto
With us: 18 years 5 months

Post #196by xpto » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:49 am

Hey ive been waiting for you guys to reply about these suggestions, i would very much like to see them in the next version... ive also asked a lot of people and they told me that if there was a program out there that included all of this and everything that yall already offer then they would buy it in a heartbeat!!

1.) add sub categories/ playlists... like itunes does, for example.. you add movies to the subcategory... and name it "Kids Movies" so then you can put all of the movies that are meant for kids in there...
2.) be able to sort movies on star rating, runtime, year, PG PG-13 R NC-17, ect..
3.) For the movies that do not have a cover (like home made movies) there should be the title of the file on the white dvd cover... just so you can tell what it is without clicking on it...
4.) Password Protect individual files, for ex. movies you do not want your kids to see... or be able to have parent control where they can only watch PG movies and then for other movies (PG-13, R, NC-17) it requires a password...
5.) Password protect the playlists/subcategories (the thing mentioned in "1.)")
6.) When you search the databases it would be nice to have a preview of the one you look at to see which movie is yours, and same when picking the cover, because if you pick the wrong one then you have to restart... kind of a pain.. so this would make it more convenient

Thank You very much and i hope you take these considerations... I was on a forum for a movie sharing website (discussing movies) and there was a new thread for movie organization.. there were many ppl wanting a program to do all the features mentioned above and others that ALl My Movies already does.. THANKS!! =)

jazcat
jazcat
With us: 13 years 10 months

Post #197by jazcat » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:06 pm

I would like to see all movies in a collection imported as separate line items. For example, I just got a boxed set The Steve Martin Comedy Collection which includes 3 Steve Martin Movies. If I enter the bar code I get the collection but it only adds one of the movies. I have to manually enter the other movies individually.

pallec
pallec
With us: 13 years 9 months

Post #198by pallec » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:01 am

When you have added a new movie, it would be nice if you could update the new names for that movie :D

downe
downe
With us: 16 years 5 months

Post #199by downe » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:32 am

I have some movies in 3 different formats (divX, dvd, blue ray), also some of them are full screen, some widescreen.

Can you make option to add all editions of the same movie into one movie card?

When adding movie from file, it will be displayed all formats and resolutions of every edition for that movie...

downe
downe

Post #200by downe » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:50 am

Can you make possibility to search text inside actor's page?

RockyRoads
RockyRoads
With us: 13 years 6 months

Loaned To Column - show name

Post #201by RockyRoads » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:43 pm

I am new to All My Movies (converted from Collectorz). One thing I miss is the ability to see who I've loaned the movie to in the LoanedTo column. Right now I just see an icon to know that it has been loaned but I have to click to see to who. It would be nice to be able to add a column that actually showed the person to whom it is loaned so I could see at a glance and be able to sort by that value. Thanks.

(Sorry that this is a dup but i accidentally added as new topic instead of a reply to this one.)

pallec
pallec
With us: 13 years 9 months

Post #202by pallec » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Android application would be NICE :D :D :D

Rod Oakley
Rod Oakley
With us: 13 years 5 months

scanner support

Post #203by Rod Oakley » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:48 am

I have used Collectors Movie data base for a while and then found your and have converted to "All My Movies" which is so easy and intuitive to use
It would be great to have scanner support in this program as well as in "My Books"
Rod Oakley

bournerude
bournerude
With us: 13 years 5 months

group by custom fields

Post #204by bournerude » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:48 am

i hope amm support group by custom fields in its html & chm export. right now the only option is page grouping depending on the number of titles i specify per page. if only it can separate each page according to any custom (or non-custom) field i specify it'll be swell.

SummerSun78
SummerSun78
With us: 13 years 4 months

correct movie name ??

Post #205by SummerSun78 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Is it posible to make so if u have a movie named "The Lord of The Rings" it dosn't named it "Lord of The Rings, The".

It would be nice to have that option or correction so ur movies get the correct name in the database...

downe
downe

Post #206by downe » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:54 pm

You already have that option. Go to preferences, expert options and uncheck field - Move articles to the end of title

alejoca
alejoca
With us: 13 years 3 months

Cover image small

Post #207by alejoca » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:08 am

hi there!
first post ever, so be kind to me :)

After checking the "resize huge images" chekbox, the resized cover images are too small for my taste. they are about 400 x 550 pix.
( i like bigger images like 550 x 800 or 600 x 900 )

is any way to set my desired size for the image??
(Btw i´m using the old style look)

if not that should be added, in the same way that we pick the thumb size

thnx!

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #208by Gemini » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:10 pm

alejoca
In the current version it's impossible, but we'll think it over. As for "old style look", we can recommend to transfer to one of HTML Templates - you can do it using menu View.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

downe
downe

Post #209by downe » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:30 am

Do you even have a plan to add User rating field?

abm2
abm2
With us: 13 years

Post #210by abm2 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:21 pm

It would be nice to have in a virtual shelf mode a separate window with movie card. That would increase the number of movies able to be shown on a shelf as well as gives more space to show all the movie info.

a.

Return to “All My Movies”