Database <Open> opens to the wrong directory

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

bkp13
bkp13
With us: 13 years 4 months

Post #1by bkp13 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:32 pm

a little background first:

> I'm one of those people who had to move "my documents" for user Brenda to a different drive to free up space on C: All was working well
btw - Brenda is the only user of this computer (me).

> I had a previous install of All My Books that was active when I did the "my documents" move and my existing AMB databases and backups reside in the "g:\My Documents on C" folder - All was working well

> I bought the product, uninstalled my old giveawayoftheday freebie,
and reinstalled the new version to G:\program files\All My Books.

Problem:

1. Now when I use All My Books and try to open an existing database
<database> <open> or Ctrl+O, it opens at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AllMyBooks where it only fines the default installed databases and subdirectory and none of my existing databases

2. However, when I perform <database> <new> or Ctrl+N, it opens at
G:\My Documents on C\AllMyBooks where all my existing databases reside.

What should I do to make <database> <open> point to my existing database directory? I'm hoping that it's just some simple thing I haven't learned to do yet.

I really wish that Bolide (and all software developers for that matter) would add configuration capability to All My Books for users to specify where they want these files to reside. Then I would not have this problem.

If you cannot let the user specify the location, then what kind of fix can be done for my existing problem.

Thanks for your help
Brenda

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:32 am

The problem is solved easily.
You need to double click on the database file in Windows and it will open in All My Books. And the database opening dialogue remembers
the folder in which the previous database was opened (if opened through the database open dialog, not through double click).
So, in the open dialog try to find the folder where the database file is stored and open it from there, so next time the dialog will start from this folder.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

gavind
gavind
With us: 11 years 5 months

Post #3by gavind » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:54 pm

I'm just wondering if this will be correct in the next version?
Movie Addict. Image

Return to “All My Books”