Movie numbering - SOLVED

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Warrior
Warrior
With us: 11 years 6 months

Post #1by Warrior » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this for about 24hrs, i have a slight hiccup

I have entered in movies and relized not until after that i could of checked a box to put numbers infront of my movies while adding to my list.

Well i have finished my list now, so how would i go by putting the numbers in?
I cannot seem to find any options.....

I have went to PREFERENCES under GENERAL & EXPERT OPTIONS to select both automatic number allocationing, but nothing is working, either something wrong or me not doing right.

How do i get numbers allocated to movies which are already in my list?
Last edited by Warrior on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Warrior
Warrior

Post #2by Warrior » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:39 am

ok i figured out a way around it, but its annoying though

I think its a bug because its not working on automatic, i have to select movie from list untick box "ASSIGN AUTOMATICALLY" then i tick box again then it gives me number.

anyways to get this fixed?

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #3by Gemini » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi Warrior!

You can edit every movie separately and add the number.
And you can also add numbers to all the movies, but to do this you need to download the plugin http://www.bolidesoft.com/software/plugins/autonum.zip - it will add numbers to all the movies sequentially in an automatic way.

To install the plugin, you need to unzip dll file into the folder Program Files\AllMyMovies\plugins while logged in as Administrator and restart All My Movies. The new menu item should appear under Plugins menu.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Warrior
Warrior

Post #4by Warrior » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:24 am

thanks!

Yes Solved my issue with auto numbering.

gavind
gavind
With us: 11 years 4 months

Post #5by gavind » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Nice to see this working. Would also be nice if this gets included in the future updates.
Movie Addict. Image

maonstad
maonstad
With us: 12 years 9 months

Post #6by maonstad » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:01 am

I totally agree.

Galileon
Galileon
With us: 4 years 3 months

numbering movies

Post #7by Galileon » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:52 pm

I am having the same problem as the OP. I installed the plugin, and it did not work. Yes, I re-started my movies and that didn't work. So I did a re-start on my PC, also without success. So whats the solution?

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #8by Viki » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:53 pm

Galileon wrote:I am having the same problem as the OP. I installed the plugin, and it did not work. Yes, I re-started my movies and that didn't work. So I did a re-start on my PC, also without success. So whats the solution?

The original post is from 2012, and an earlier version of AllMyMovies. I backed up my database prior to trying this - better to be safe than sorry.

However; I downloaded the autonumber plugin and extracted it to the plugins folder of AMM (while it was not running). Opened AMM and sorted my titles alphabetically. Under 'Plugins' on the toolbar, I selected the "Auto Set Movie Numbers".

Here is where it gets interesting - There are no progress bars, spinning wheels, etc. to indicate that the plugin is working. There is only the "Program not responding" on top of the window for AMM. The only way that I could be sure that anything was happening was to check the resources being used by AMM in the background (Resource Hacker).

My database is quite large and AMM takes a great deal of time to change things on this scale. I left the program running until it completed on its' own. It did a phenomenal job! A seven year old plugin worked on an up to date version (8.9.1463) of AMM and created no additional issues with my database. :D

Galileon
Galileon
With us: 4 years 3 months

numbering movies

Post #9by Galileon » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:24 am

Reading Viki's post caused me to re-open the software, and I find that it now displays the position number as well as the titles of the movies. I can only assume this is the result of shutting down and re-starting the PC. The silver lining to this experience, is that I downloaded an app for my iPad ( MY Movies) that works very well at less than a 1/3 the price, an easier to operate bar code scanner and very portable.

Return to “All My Movies”