Back in May 2014 I had trouble loading AMB database onto my iPad mini.
Now I've got an iPhone, bought the app again for that and have pretty much the same problem. Either over the internet or via iTunes method it gets to 59/1042 and either just sits there or the app shuts down. Last time you identified that there were odd characters in a particular book synopsis which weren't being parsed correctly. Once I sorted this out everything worked OK. I suspect a similar thing is happening on the iPhone app.
Long time customer
Update, I've sent the file amb.zip to firstname.lastname@example.org, hopefully you can see what's wrong from that.