All My Movies: post your suggestions here

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

samrad M
samrad M
With us: 3 years 7 months

Post #331by samrad » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:19 pm

Hi, I'm using All My Movies [mobile] it's great app, but it would be better you noted you need "All My Movies" on your PC for this app to work. Thanks.

arbc0327
arbc0327
With us: 3 years 2 months

Dark mode option

Post #332by arbc0327 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:28 am

suggestion: have a dark mode option
have different more options in template

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #333by Viki » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:52 pm

AllMyMovies v.8.9.1452 introduced a "Dark" theme.
Then by version 8.9.1460, the developers had tweaked the "Dark" theme to perform flawlessly.

Perhaps if you searched the forum you would find other information concerning the various themes.

HippieWiccan
HippieWiccan
With us: 13 years
Website Facebook Twitter

Multiple Sources

Post #334by HippieWiccan » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:09 pm

Call me nuts but I like my entries a certain way...

I prefer the descriptions from https://www.themoviedb.org/ but I prefer the other info from https://www.imdb.com/ and I prefer to pic my own covers.

Is there a way to have the info fill from multiple sites or do I really have to do this all manually?
Síocháin agus grá,
Meg ☮️

Keith05
Keith05
With us: 2 years 7 months

Renumbering

Post #335by Keith05 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:49 pm

I wish to renumber a section of my database, however at present by default the start number is one, I would like to be able to select the start number. Can this be implemented in an update.

BravoSierra
BravoSierra
With us: 1 year 7 months

Post #336by BravoSierra » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:20 am

It would really help to allow Custom Fields to be added to the (Title List) Display Area, so that a sort on a Custom Field can be performed.

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #337by Viki » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:56 pm

samrad wrote:Hi, I'm using All My Movies [mobile] it's great app, but it would be better you noted you need "All My Movies" on your PC for this app to work. Thanks.

I agree with you that the information on the website is pretty vague; and, has prompted conversations here in the forum.
http://forum.bolidesoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5289&p=11769#p11769

pav56
pav56
With us: 1 year 2 months

Post #338by pav56 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:32 pm

I started to use AMM and everything looks good for me. However, most of my movies are on HDD (I use Oppo player to play them via LAN) Most of my movies are in BDMV containers, like folder named as movie name, and there is BDMV folder inside. SO, when I need add movie from file I need to go to movie folder, open BDMV folder, open STREAM folder from there and select m2ts file. It is possible to add something like "load movie from folder" or similar?

renfrow
renfrow
With us: 2 years 2 months

XML export

Post #339by renfrow » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:17 am

Add me as one who would love to have xml export for my database!

simmiv
simmiv
With us: 5 months 8 days

Post #340by simmiv » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:05 am

Hi,
Just a small request for an extra feature.. On the Media Info tab, there is a field called Type.. This is where one can indicate the type of media i.e. DVD/Blueray/etc.. Would it be possible to have a setting in the preference that defaults that field to one of the values? Currently if I'm entering movies, which are all DVD's and there are a few Blueray disks, the field carries over to the next move. i.e. if changed from DVD to Blueray for one movie, on the next move it is still Blueray. Thus you have to change the field back to DVD..
Simmi

Mr.Wizard
Mr.Wizard
With us: 1 month 21 days

Movie Updating

Post #341by Mr.Wizard » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:45 pm

In the program there is the option to search drives to add movies. Using this option populates the "movie info" and "video stream" info in the "additional" tab of the Movie Card. This is very useful information. My dilemma is that I have a very large database that was pre-populated during a migration from a different program and I would like to populate this information in existing records, however, I cannot find anywhere that will allow me to update the movie from the movie file, only add the movie. Is this possible in version 9.2 which is what I have? or is this an enhancement request? If it is not currently possible you should add this functionality. With over 2000 movies it would take forever to manually populate this information.

Thank You

[upd=1706457487][/upd]
[b]BravoSierra[/b],
I agree, we should be able to add any fields in the database to the Title List Display Area, including custom fields which give us more control without having to wait for an enhancement request to be added to a version upgrade
Today is the only day we have any control over

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #342by bolide » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:29 am

Mr.Wizard wrote:In the program there is the option to search drives to add movies. Using this option populates the "movie info" and "video stream" info in the "additional" tab of the Movie Card. This is very useful information. My dilemma is that I have a very large database that was pre-populated during a migration from a different program and I would like to populate this information in existing records, however, I cannot find anywhere that will allow me to update the movie from the movie file, only add the movie. Is this possible in version 9.2 which is what I have? or is this an enhancement request? If it is not currently possible you should add this functionality. With over 2000 movies it would take forever to manually populate this information.

If your "Local path" field contains a valid path to the video file, you can mass update the details from files using the menu item "Tools - Batch update movie details". Select "Media info" option in the "Update" group there.
Bolide Software

Return to “All My Movies”