All My Movies: post your suggestions here

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

HippieWiccan
HippieWiccan
With us: 13 years
Website Facebook Twitter

App Suggestions

Post #301by HippieWiccan » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:05 pm

I have a few suggestions for the mobile app...

More information (episode info for example), like on the desktop app.
Skins or themes...the dark blue is brutal on the eyes!
The ability to edit on the tablet and sync with the desktop.

Thank you :D
Síocháin agus grá,
Meg ☮️

Stefan Brand
Stefan Brand
With us: 6 years 9 months

Problems with genre

Post #302by Stefan Brand » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Hello,

question might be foolish, but is there no automatic genre-detection/information in "All My Movies" from the filmdatabases?
I have a lot of movies and for example I would like to find out, wich genre is my favorite just by the number of films I have...

1. Is there an option for automaticaly getting the genre(s) of a movie? When "yes" then how can I use it: There is either no genre or the genre "Film"!
2. When "no", is it possible to add such an feature in a later release an will you do it?

Thanks for reading my bad-english-question

Best regards

Stefan

Keyser soze
Keyser soze
With us: 11 years 8 months

Post #303by Keyser soze » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:46 am

Hello, i have one small wish about filtering.
When i filter some movies (by any criteria), down in the bottom it says let say 150 movie(s).4 marked. (Filtered). I would like to show also have many i have seen.
So it looks something like this: 150 movie(s).4 marked.36 seen (Filtered).

Also as the program had issues with words like René Clair and they show it like RenA© Clair i have a bunch of them in my database.
I' am still having difficulties deleting the wrong ones, i can't doo it even manually. When i merged them they just duplicated, and now i have two RenA© Clair as a director of the same film in movie card, and it won't allow to delete it even manually.

tommytt
tommytt
With us: 10 years 6 months

IPAD app

Post #304by tommytt » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:26 pm

Your IPAD app no longer works. Apple newest version 11.0.1 returns a message that says developer needs to update the app. App will not even load and I can't access my database. When are you going to fix this?

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #305by Viki » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:30 pm

tommytt wrote:Your IPAD app no longer works. Apple newest version 11.0.1 returns a message that says developer needs to update the app. App will not even load and I can't access my database. When are you going to fix this?

It would a good idea to visit the Bolidesoft web page and contact them through the support link on the left-hand side of the page.
Posting in the forum is kind of the slow way to get an answer. It is not maintained as often as the support link is. (I think)

Whenever I need help I post in the forums if it's something another forum member might share, but if the technical issue is better suited to the developers, then I use the Support section of their website (or the support link inside my app).

The developers are helpful and will respond to support requests. :idea:

dTracy
dTracy
With us: 6 years 5 months

Digital Services

Post #306by dTracy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:55 am

Can you write an addon to import movies from Ultraviolet, Disney, Google movies, and others so I can track what digital movies I own and which service to find it? Maybe even include links to play that movie from within All My Movies, just like with movies on hard drives.

Mickey
Mickey
With us: 6 years 3 months

Post #307by Mickey » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:17 pm

Has anyone else experienced issues with the search causing problems on the iPhone running iOS 11?

I contacted about a fix immediately after the iOS 11 update was issued but have not received a response.

R B Strautman
R B Strautman
With us: 12 years 2 months

Add search/sort option to locate date of last edit

Post #308by R B Strautman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:45 pm

I try to keep a clean database and fix errors in the data when I see it. I also have created a number of custom fields to manage movies in the database.

Sometimes a day or two after I have fixed a problem I will think I could do that fix differently but I can't remember the name of the movie I made the fix to. It would helpful if a user could find records by the date the record was last edited, e.g., sort by edit date.

Thanks for considering this.

milo
milo
With us: 5 years 11 months

Post #309by milo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:08 am

I want make a suggestion to add IMDb and FilmAffinity rating to the movies and tv episodes, something like this...

Walter Reinhold
Walter Reinhold
With us: 5 years 11 months

Warehausing of discs by barcode print and reading

Post #310by Walter Reinhold » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:38 am

Hello,
I use All My Movies for many years and have about 2500 films (DVD, Bluray) as a disk in stock.
Very well resolved: data collection, reading the film information from the internet. I use, for example Amazon.de, ofdb.de and imdb.com.
This is the best way to get a full overview of my own video library.

Now the problem: I call it "warehousing".

f.e.: If I want to watch a specific movie but no idea where the video is. In database all okay: it's number 1147, but in which shelf is the damned film? Difficult.
I have to look and search for a long time. Find it after hours or never. This sucks.

The solution could be:
1. Printing of barcode labels for all films in stock (film number, film title)
2. Printing of barcode labels for all storage locations
3. Affix all films with the appropriate label
4. Stick on all storage locations with the appropriate label.
5. Importing the barcodes of film and storage location and the compilation of this information in the AMM-DB with a barcode scanner.

Something is missing in AllMyMovie
a) The possibility to generate the barcodes and to print them on a label form like Avary, Hermes, Sigel et all.
b) The software-based linking of the barcode pairs of video and storage location to be read in the database

The generation of barcodes and the printout on labels and get out them by database export to a bar code software.
But the merging of film number and storage location number is the sticking point.
1. Scan the film number, 2. Scan the location number and immediately transfer the storage location number to the film in the database, assuming the scanner is suitable

Is that to be realized? Which alternative proposals would be conceivable?
My suggestion for the next version nUmber 9

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #311by Viki » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:39 pm

"Walter Reinhold"... In database all okay: it's number 1147, but in which shelf is the damned film? Difficult.
I have to look and search for a long time. Find it after hours or never. This sucks.

Personally, I store my movies in large books. Each book has an alphabetical label while each slot has a numerical label. So, a movie with the 'Location' A119 would indicate 'Book A - Slot 119'. Each disc has a tiny label that corresponds to it's 'Location'. Yes; it is tedious to number every slot in the book, but finding any movie is a snap! It takes longer to open the database than to pinpoint the location of the desired movie. And returning the disc to it's designated slot is equally easy.

Other members in this forum have reported that they assign their own number to a movie instead of having the database automatically assign one. This too, could be a way of simplifying the search for a particular disc.

Of course, these are only two examples of how you could track your discs. I'm sure that there must be other ways that members choose to keep track of theirs. Not everyone stores their movies in disc format. The trend now seems to be to store to hard drives, but I'm kinda old-school and have learned that hard drives can fail.
Discs stored properly will outlive most hard drives.

stephenbowen
stephenbowen
With us: 12 years 10 months

Re-Sync

Post #312by stephenbowen » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:14 pm

I have copied all my DVD's to the computer and linked them through All My Movies and all works great BUT I now need to re-linc each movie to a new location on my hard drive and I would prefer not to do it one movie at a time. Is there a utility that can do it automatically ? or can All My Movies somehow do it.

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #313by bolide » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:54 pm

stephenbowen wrote:I have copied all my DVD's to the computer and linked them through All My Movies and all works great BUT I now need to re-linc each movie to a new location on my hard drive and I would prefer not to do it one movie at a time. Is there a utility that can do it automatically ? or can All My Movies somehow do it.

All My Movies can quickly re-link in case you changed the top folder or disk letter while the rest of the path and file name remains the same. This is possible with "Use relative paths" option.
If you have other files with new file names, only one-by-one relink is possible.
Bolide Software

UtNut
UtNut
With us: 5 years 10 months

Batch update

Post #314by UtNut » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:53 pm

Is there any possibility to include director(s) and scenario in a batch update at IMDB of actors and roles only?
For reasons unknown to me I have around 2,000 movies without director(s) and/or scenario in AMM,
and it's monk's work to add them manually.

Tia for any advice.

Schnullerle
Schnullerle
With us: 5 years 2 months

Post #315by Schnullerle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:42 am

Hello - there is a problem to find Films with cinefacts.de - Error 404

Return to “All My Movies”