Show your movie collection to the community!

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #1by Gemini » Fri May 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi there!

There are more than 17 000 registered users of All My Movies. So, we would like to know more about you and your collection. Why not show your collection to the community? Let's get to know each other a bit better :D

How long have you been using All My Movies? Tell us how many movies you've got, which genres prevail in your collection, which templates and view mode you prefer and how often you use All My Movies. Which features are your favourite ones?

It would also be great if you could make a screenshot and show it here. In other words, be creative! :)

Welcome!
Bolide Software Support Team

Gemini
Gemini

Post #2by Gemini » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:24 am

It's pity you don't like the idea...
No replies so far :(

pallec
pallec
With us: 13 years 8 months

Post #3by pallec » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:51 am

Here you go :-)

At present I have 2688 movies in my collection.

I have been using AMM since version 5.9. Before that I used MovieCollectorz and was very happy with that, until they closed for IMdB access and started using their own database.

I use a slightly modified version of the 'Indian' template. I prefer to use the thumbnail view and sort my movies on movie number, so that I always have the latest added movies first on the list. I only use AMM as a collection database, since all my movies are on DVD's.

I have all genres of movies, but my favorites at the moment are Asian/French horror and sci-fi.

The best about AMM is that it collects info from IMdB and that it is very simple to use and easy to customize.

However, it would be nice with some updated templates. The ones included looks very 90'ies and VERY dated. And of course..., we need the Android app ASAP :D

Screen shot from my collection:

Gemini
Gemini

Post #4by Gemini » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:18 pm

pallec, Jarl
Thanks a million for your replies and suggestions! :D
Your collections are really impressive :!: Around 3000 movies!
As for the Android app, we're working at it. Yeah, we know that it is going to be a big step forward and something most of our users are looking forward to! We'll try to do it ASAP. :)

Thanks again for sharing! Really appreciated! :)
Regards,

Xtreme
Xtreme
With us: 12 years 10 months

Post #5by Xtreme » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Been using AMM since 2009, and I believe it was version 5.x. I currently use a slightly modified version of the golden moviecard. I prefer using list view to have the titles sorted alphabetically.
I have three databases which include the following totals. Movies: 2,604; TV Series: 474, and Documentaries: 146. The prevailing genres would be Science Fiction and Horror. The rest is a mix of different things.
I use AMM all the time. Without it, I would never know where my media is, what was on it, or if I had already seen the show or not.
As far as features go, I like the ability to mark TV episodes as watched, without marking the entire season as such. This way I can keep track of it as I go. Importing large covers is nice since my eyes are not what they used to be. I also like the ability to use different views. There really isn't much I don't like about AMM. So keep up the good work, and thanks for a great product!

Here is a screen shot of my collection.

Gemini
Gemini

Post #6by Gemini » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi Xtreme!

Thank you ever so much for your interest to the topic and sharing your collection! :) It's really large - you must be collecting movies for years!
By the way, science fiction seems to prevail among our users :)

Thank you for using AMM for a long time and for praise words about AMM!
We'll try to make the program better! :D

Regards,

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #7by Viki » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:34 am

I'm still relatively new to AllMyMovies and have a lot to learn -
Like how to export to html (or any other format, for that matter).
I guess it's just as well that I cannot export because the available templates leave a lot to be desired.

The program is easy to use and does a great job as a database on the computer.
It could use some new templates for all areas, though.

Here's a screenshot of my "work-in-progress"
(Edited 12.03.21 to replace image source no longer viable.)

Gemini
Gemini

Post #8by Gemini » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:42 am

Hi Viki!
Thanks a lot for sharing!:)

Really interesting collection!
As for templates, yeah, we're working at the new ones now.

Enjoy the proram!

Regards,

hoddo55
hoddo55
With us: 12 years 5 months

Post #9by hoddo55 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:16 am

I like the standard card, big font for titles and good sized cover shot and no keywords. I started useing AMM in 2007 on a dodgy version 4.1 (palace palace ring any bells?) but have upgraded to 6 and now 7. Love the prog and will continue to support the company and dev team and try to convert friends. I like to collect movies, my collection is movies after 1960 apart from a few classics I come across.I store covershots in the DB. which is 346mb at 4449 movies. I also use the prog for tv show collection and a database work, put clients name in as title and details in discription, very handy. Please continue to make this prog simple and versatile

Gemini
Gemini

Post #10by Gemini » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:47 am

Hi hoddo55!

Thanks a lot for sharing :). 4449 movies - that's a lot! :)

That's amazing - you've been a devoted AMM user for 5 years! Thank you so much for loyalty and your help in program development - we hope AMM meets your expectations.
We're doing our best to get better day by day.

Regards,

uoriel
uoriel
With us: 11 years 8 months

Post #11by uoriel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi
I use the software since version 6 came out
I like the simple and elegant design look that contains all the options in an orderly fashion.
I use the software on a daily basis
This software is very good and what I like most about it is that you are constantly improving and try to add all the improvements we think
So thank you for that, and I look forward to the new available features.
Oh and all the details about my database you can see in the picture ...

flogger123
flogger123
With us: 12 years 1 month

Post #12by flogger123 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Very nice collection uoriel. I see that we have the same taste. Image

Gemini
Gemini

Post #13by Gemini » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi, uoriel!

You've got a really interesting collection - some of the movies are in my collection as well :)
Thank you very much for sharing and for being one of the loyal customers of our company!
And we're always grateful for your suggestions to make the program better! :)

Thanks a lot!
Regards,

liz grant
liz grant

Screenshots

Post #14by liz grant » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:09 am

Hi
I tried to delete this post as the link did not work instead I created a new one so have edited this to explain.

Sorry :oops:
Last edited by liz grant on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

liz grant
liz grant

Screenshots

Post #15by liz grant » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:12 am

Hi

I also LOVE the program and have used it for about 18 months. Version 5 I think.

Since having this app I can now keep track of my movie database. I have quite a few databases some with many of the same files as I provide films for family and friends.

I have a completely separate DB for tv series and as I am constantly updating and adding films and tv series I have a db for every letter of the alphabet. Which I combine occasionally into the master.

Thank you for all the various updates you have provided and also the advice on how to. I do not like the actors field until I combine the movies and you recently helped me to hide this field for which I am truly grateful.

Not too sure if I am providing the screenshots in the correct way but it is the only way I can think of

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr246/tinlizzy19/Oct/tvseries.jpg

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr246/tinlizzy19/Oct/Masterdatabase.jpg

Return to “All My Movies”