Actors Field

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

liz grant
liz grant
With us: 11 years 8 months

Post #1by liz grant » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:38 am

First I would like to say how much I love this program suddenly I can find movies I had forgotton I had on my pc. :D :D

I would find it very useful if I could hide the actors field and only show it when I want to.

I would also like to export film/s to another datbase instead of only being able to append from another database.

Would these be possible please?

I currently have 3000 films and adding all the time. The more I use it the more features I am finding so thank you very much for trying to support so many members demands.

I cant praise your program enough and tell all my friends and relations how great it is.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #2by Gemini » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi liz grant!
So far you can only import from another database, you can't export it. We'll possibly add this option in one of the nearest versions. You can hide actors field having edited the html template for displaying. The default template is in the folder Program Files\AllMyMovies\moviecards\Indian

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

liz grant
liz grant

Hide Actors and Export

Post #3by liz grant » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:15 am

Thank you Gemini I will check this out.

Many thanks for your help

Liz

flogger123
flogger123
With us: 12 years 1 month

Post #4by flogger123 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi Liz, any chance of us seeing a preview of this work in case you figured everything out already? Image

liz grant
liz grant

Post #5by liz grant » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:25 am

flogger123 wrote:Hi Liz, any chance of us seeing a preview of this work in case you figured everything out already? Image

Hi flogger sorry not sure how to show a preview :oops: Unfortunately I have tried all templates but am still unable to hide the actors field.

I obviously still have to append from the various databases I have ongoing so have now created a database for ever letter of the alphabet as well as databases for all the family.

It can get very confusing on times as my sons media players will not show various formats i.e MKV, MP4 etc. I therefore have a terrific amount of duplicates on the pc and am currently at 2 1/2 gb of films.

I may be able to overcome this in the future as I have just ordered a new media player whivh I hope will work using the existing players as harddrives.

Will let you know. also if you can tell me how to do a preview I will post one

liz grant
liz grant

Post #6by liz grant » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:18 am

I just read my last post and realised I had made a mistake on the amount of films I have on my machines. It should have read over 2.5 TB not gb.

Hence you can see why I need to be able to import to various databases. Also why I want to be able to COMPLETELY hide the actors field altogether on times.

I also upload films to private trackers and the actors field is definitely not required when I do that.

I have tried various templates as suggested by yourselves but they did not give me the layout I wanted.

I would be very much appreciated in future updates if you could provide this feature. The only time I want to see the actors field is if I am looking for a particular artist

Thank you :D

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #7by Gemini » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:29 am

Hi, liz grant!
If you want to hide actors in the movie details area, you should delete the string that contains <!--#actors --> in the html template you are using. For the default Indian template you should open Program Files\AllMyMovies\moviecards\template.html in Notepad, delete
<tr><td class="Name"><!--#actors_lbl -->:</td><td><!--#actors --></td></tr>
string there, save the template file and restart All My Movies.

If you want to hide actors in HTML export, you can edit templates in a similar way. Export templates are located in Program Files\AllMyMovies\templates. You have to locate and remove the string that contains "[amm:actors]" shortcut.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

liz grant
liz grant

Acors Field

Post #8by liz grant » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:07 am

Thanks a lot Gemini I will give it a go

Many thanks for your help :lol:

hmherbs11
hmherbs11
With us: 11 years 4 months

Post #9by hmherbs11 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:29 am

you want to hide actors in the movie details area, you should delete the string that contains <!--#actors --> in the html template you are using. For the default Indian template you should open Program Files\AllMyMovies\moviecards\template.html in Notepad, delete
<tr><td class="Name"><!--#actors_lbl -->:</td><td><!--#actors --></td></tr>
by this you can find you solution .

liz grant
liz grant

Post #10by liz grant » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:41 am

Thank you very much for the info. I have amended a couple of the Templates since Gemini told me how to do it I currently use the short template edited for no actors field as it is the easiest and shortest for when I up films to the private torrent sites I use

This is a fantastic program but I would still like an export facility as well as the append

SummerSun78
SummerSun78
With us: 13 years 3 months

Post #11by SummerSun78 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:43 am

Is it posible to have it like a botton, like you have on the "Episodes", so it only shows if you click it ?

MovieFanatic
MovieFanatic
With us: 5 years

Post #12by MovieFanatic » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:20 pm

I am looking for just the opposite...
Is it possible to display the actors' images directly on each movie card instead of having to mouse over the actor's name to see his or her image?

Something like that...
Attachments
firefox_2021-08-16_18-15-47.png

Return to “All My Movies”