All My Movies for Android has just been released!

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

ljiminez
ljiminez
With us: 10 years 11 months

Re: Root Folder on Samsung Tablet

Post #16by ljiminez » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:31 pm

maonstad wrote:Where would the root folder be on a Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 tablet. I can't seem to find one. I do have a downloads folder....

Mark

Using your Android file manager of choice (Astro, FolderSync, MyFiles, etc) continue tapping 'Up' or 'Parent' until you cannot go up anymore. Copy the AMM file from your computer into that folder. On my Samsung phone that root folder is '/sdcard'. Your downloads folder is probably in the '/sdcard' folder.
Nez

maonstad
maonstad
With us: 12 years 9 months

searching works but ...

Post #17by maonstad » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:09 am

The search finds the movie but it does not bring up the details of that movie... it brings up the very first movie which I didn't select .. what am I doing wrong? A bug?

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #18by Gemini » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi, maonstad!
Can you write to support@bolidesoft.com and describe the problem in detail?

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

pallec
pallec
With us: 13 years 9 months

Post #19by pallec » Fri May 24, 2013 2:54 pm

This really sucks!!! :x

I have been waiting for the Android app and finally it is here.

BUT..., Google did some changes to their Wallet payment system and now my MasterCard, that used to work on Google Checkout/Wallet, is no longer accepted by Google Wallet :cry:

I googled around and can see that I am not the only one affected by this. I have contacted my Bank, but they cannot do anything, since it is a limitation in Google Wallet.

So, the wonderful awaited AMM Android app is sitting there on Google Play, so close, but yet so far away :cry:

Gemini
Gemini

Post #20by Gemini » Fri May 24, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi, pallec!

Nice to hear from you! :)

Don't get that upset! This problem must be temporary and soon you'll be able to enjoy the AMM Adroid app :wink:

Regards,

mariustma
mariustma
With us: 12 years

Post #21by mariustma » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:35 am

Should improve the search, the results look better but if you click the movie you found get to another movie. I wish that you can havepossibility to check seen and unseen.Sorry for bad english i hope you understand.

pallec
pallec

Post #22by pallec » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:33 pm

OK, so I finally got my credit card problems solved and purchased the app.

I must say that it is a delight to have your entire movie database available on your phone/tablet and the app works very good.

Having said that, I must admit that I am quite disappointed about the design of the app on a tablet (using a Nexus 7). In list view, it doesn't take advantage of the bigger screen on a tablet. There is a lot of unused space on the screen, especially in landscape view. Also, the movie card display in landscape view is very bad :-(

It clearly looks like the app was developed for a phone.

Hope you can make it look better on a tablet in a future release.

Keep up the good work
Last edited by pallec on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

pallec
pallec

Post #23by pallec » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Ups, was a little to quick to say that the app works fine....

The search function doesn't work at all.

1: If I search for a movie like 'Ted', it lists all movie titles that has the letters 'ted' in them. It should of course list 100% matches first!

2: When you click on a movie found via search, it open the movie card for another movie!

3: When you exit search, the list view is sorted in a strange order. I sort by movie number, but it goes back in to some random sort order.

4: 4 times out of 5 you are not able to exit search and go back to the list view. It just hangs and you have to close the app and restart it.

So, it requires some more work before it is really useful ;-)

pallec
pallec

Post #24by pallec » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:41 am

Unfortunately, the problems continues..

I have now installed the app on my Android phone (Samsung SG2) and the import doesn't work (it worked on my Nexus 7 tablet).

It starts to import, but then stops at a random movie number without any warning text or anything. Sometimes it imports 21 movies, sometimes it gets to 1700, everytime I try to import it stops at different movie numbers. Also, everytime the import stops, the amm.zip file is gone from my phones root folder and I have to transfer it again from my PC.

I am using the USB/zip file import and my movie database has around 3000 movies. Size of amm.zip is approx 300 MB.

As it is now, the app doesn't works on my tablet or my phone. Please let me know if you can fix the above problems? Otherwise I would like a full refund for the app.

ljiminez
ljiminez
With us: 10 years 11 months

Post #25by ljiminez » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:16 am

pallec wrote:Unfortunately, the problems continues..

As it is now, the app doesn't works on my tablet or my phone. Please let me know if you can fix the above problems? Otherwise I would like a full refund for the app.

My amm.zip file is only 5MB. Your mention of 300MB file makes me remember issues I had transferring a 400MB file from computer to phone. I was using a well regarded Windows 7 synchronization app to transfer the file from my computer to my Samsung cell phone via USB cable. The transfer would just stop at random times...similar to your description. Wireless transfer of that file (via WiFi File Transfer in Android Market) from computer to phone worked perfectly.

Let me also add that I had a problem with the AllMyMovie graphics disappearing after importing the new amm.zip file to phone. I found that deleting the AllMyMovies cache and data before importing the amm.zip resolved that particular issue.
Nez

pallec
pallec

Post #26by pallec » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Any plans to correct the problems listed above?

If not, please let me know how I can get a refund? As it is now, the app is unfortunately quite useless.

Thank you.

Gemini
Gemini

Post #27by Gemini » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:28 am

Hi, pallec!

We are really sorry for this inconvenience!
We do understand your disappointment and in a few days we'll solve this problem in either way.

Regards,

pallec
pallec

Post #28by pallec » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:33 am

Gemini wrote:Hi, pallec!

We do understand your disappointment and in a few days we'll solve this problem in either way.

Regards,

Sounds good, thank you.

bobg
bobg
With us: 12 years

Post #29by bobg » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:22 pm

Gemini wrote:Hi, bobg!

There should be Location displayed in movie description. And you can group by this field from the menu Groups.

Regards,

Thanks for the info - just got a chance to play with this again
I see you can select location from the group but the location is not showng on the details when selecting a movie. Do I need to turn something on for the location to show?

pallec
pallec

Post #30by pallec » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Gemini wrote:Hi, pallec!

Regards,

Any news?

It has been more than "a few days" now :-)

Return to “All My Movies”