How to put secondary IMDb link in movie card/description?

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

emdeec
emdeec
With us: 10 years 5 months

Post #1by emdeec » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:59 am

I have already added hundreds of my archived movies in a batch. I have always kept a list of them on IMDb so exporting my list as a .cmv (?) then importing it into AMM was a cinch. It took almost a day including downloading posters, but I'm pretty well satisfied with the layout.. especially since I'm way too lazy nor have the time.. to edit a couple thousand by hand.

However..

Today as I was adding newer titles to the database I noticed that the "Visit movie's web page" link always linked back to the movies IMDb page. Like I said.. that's fine for movies that are already there, but as I am hand editing each new movie.. IF the IMDb page has a link to the actual movie's OWN web page.. I decided to edit the URL field under the Media Info tab in the movie's card to reflect that. Most current movies now have their own web pages. That worked fine but I then started investigating (figuring it out on my own in other words) where/if I could then add a second link to the IMDb page on my own.

So.. under "Custom Fields" I created an entry and called it "IMDb link" which then created an empty drop down box to it right. It's kind of strange.. because if I put in a link with the http prefix.. AMM seems to know what I want to do and adds it as well.. which makes the link unnavigable to. So if I just put in www.imdb.com/title/xxxxxx or imdb.com/title/xxxxxx and hit OK.. an http prefix seems to get amended and I then get an entry RIGHT underneath the trailer : download link that says for example: "IMDb link: imdb.com/title/tt1776167". Cool! the "IMDb link" is added and the URL part shows up as underlined, and my cursor icon turns to a hand when I hover over it.

If I click on the link though nothing happens. If I click on the movie's link to the left (in the blue field) Firefox opens and goes to the link. In cases where I leave the IMDb page in the URL fields that link works as well.

Any idea why this doesn't work?

On a side note as well..

Is there any way for us to create our own movie card layout or edit the default one. I have already purchased AMM.. and I've tried many others (paid and free) and while I like this software immensely (which is why I bought it over others) and find it's ease of use very nice.. I do find it somewhat limited in it's "personalization". One of the leading paid movie database apps I tried IIRC gave you several different card layout to choose.. and you could shift elements around within them as well. While I understand that when I add or ignore a field when editing a movie's description I am in effect editing the card.. it just seems very limited.

Thanks to all for your time and attention. Sorry for the lengthy read.

<edit>

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

I decided to show the right context menu just because it's there. I didn't expect to see an "open" option, nor a web related one really, but as you can see the link is underlined and I do get a hand cursor (W7 BTW) but a single or a double click does nothing.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:16 am

Hi there!

In the current version web links in custom fields are not supported but we'll add this opportunity in the nearest update.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Movies”