Batch Update Movies Details not working at all

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

cpi
cpi
With us: 10 years 3 months

Post #1by cpi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:09 pm

I downloaded latest version ( v7.7 Build 1418) , imported all movies (130) from a mapped network drive (Scan Drives for Movies..)

Then tried Tools -> Batch Update Movies Details, selected All movies, From IMDB, but nothing happens at all. Same behavior if I only select some movies.

Is this feature totally disabled or am I missing something ?

Thanks,
Claudio.

cpi
cpi
With us: 10 years 3 months

Post #2by cpi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:49 am

I tried the same on Windows 7 (the above was in Win 8.1) with a local hard drive folder, and I get the same result: I click the button and nothing happens at all, no error message or progress indicator and the movies remain untouched.

However if I edit the movie details manually it connects successfully to IMDB and I can download all details. Thing is that I have 130 movies that I would like to fill all details and doing this manually can take a lot of time.

Thanks again,
Claudio

babs992
babs992
With us: 10 years 2 months

Post #3by babs992 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:36 am

cpi wrote:
However if I edit the movie details manually it connects successfully to IMDB and I can download all details. Thing is that I have 130 movies that I would like to fill all details and doing this manually can take a lot of time.

I've loaded in partial set of my collection to test - using the "Scan drive for movies" option under Tools.

It pulls in my movies, but never grabs the covers or metadata. It seems that I need to then use "Batch update movie details" tool. This doesn't work. It will only update data for movies I've manually EDIT'd and clicked on the "lookup online data" magnifying glass icon.

It will get the cover, and data.

Why can't AMM pull down cover and metadata when movies are getting added? Why does it seem that my default online database not getting set?

Return to “All My Movies”