Still experiencing problems with Batch Update Movie Details

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

R B Strautman
R B Strautman
With us: 12 years 2 months

Post #1by R B Strautman » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:40 pm

There is still a problem with the Batch Update Movie Details routine. Three examples are:

Loves of a Blonde, 1965, Czech film
The Lower Depths, 1957, Japanese film
A Man and a Woman, 1966, French film

In all three films the Batch Update Movie Details, actors and roles option placed many of the actors real names into the actors field twice. Their roles were only listed once, usually after the second real name entry.

Batch Update Movie Details still needs work to prevent un-necessary editing of affected films (and since we can't count on it being correct we have to review every film after using the Batch Update Movie Details tool).

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi, R B Strautman!

Thank you for writing!
We checked the first movie and updated it, everything is fine.

The problems must have been caused by the coding change on IMDb. So, in the movies which were added before IMDb change to utf8 and after that some symbols in actors' names can be different and the program considers them to be different people.

Unfortunately, we can hardly fix it, sorry.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

davidfrost
davidfrost
With us: 10 years 2 months

Post #3by davidfrost » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:54 pm

I didn't know that IMDB is already at utf8. Was this change just recent? I personally understand that this might take time. I'll be looking forward to this.
We only live once.Image

Return to “All My Movies”