Get more details?

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

maonstad
maonstad
With us: 12 years 9 months

Post #1by maonstad » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:53 pm

What does the 'Get more details' do in the preferences -> online database?
I couldn't find it in the help section. (Changes with 'All My Movies'?).

Also, wondering, if there could be a setting for the number of actors that could be displayed (or downloaded). When I add a movie, it downloads all of the actors, and I would like it to show only 6 or so at the max.

Thx.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi, maonstad!

Option "Get more details" does not only process the basic movie page, but also a few additional movie pages. If we talk about IMDb, it will be the full list of actors and the movie description will be much longer.
So, deactivate it, it you want to have a shorter list of actors.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Keyser soze
Keyser soze
With us: 11 years 9 months

Post #3by Keyser soze » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:57 am

This is an interesting and very good idea.
I'm not using get more details only because it's to much crowded on my movie card info, too many actors i have to scroll down every time, its not user friendly.
But i am missing a lot, when there are multiple directors and screenwriters (more than two) i don't get them at all.
The worst it screws the statistic for the actors, because it don't get them all. I was under impression a lot of times when i filter all movies by one actor that i don't have a specific movie but instead i really have it.

So my point is it would be really great if you can put a option of showing only a specific number of actors to display (option i can chose how many) and a button in movie card info show all.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #4by Gemini » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:43 pm

Keyser soze
Thank you for the suggestion!

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “All My Movies”