Bug of addition of new movie into database

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

AMVAS
AMVAS
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 5 months

Post #1by AMVAS » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:20 pm

Hi

I got Win 7 SP1 OS.
So, I reinstalled AMM program and restored my existent database of movies, which had been done using the same version of the program. No bugs occured while usage of Win XP SP3 OS.

When I'm trying to add a new movie all the time fatal error appears to be.
(see screenshot)

Image

When I'm trying to add the same movie to some other database - no error occurred. So, I thought the problem was with a specific database format. Not sure, but it can be because of users fields, which I apply in my database and which are absent in a new database.

Then I made a new database and copied there all cards from the old one. It helped, because now I can add new cards. But this operation resulted in loss of original numbers of movies, as they got new numbers in alphabetic order. It's not good for me, because my movie index system was based on the original order (and numbers).

I continued attempts and finally I opened backup copy of problem database and saved it under another name. 8)
Strange, but this seems to help. Probably it was some sort of bug of original database.
(full log of this failure sent ty by mail report)

Just letting you know about all the details of appearance and fixing of this problem

regards
Alex

Viki F
Avatar
Viki F
Age: 64
Reputation: 13
With us: 9 years 7 months

Post #2by Viki » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:51 pm

Have you tried Gemini's advice given elsewhere on this forum?

There is some database error. You need to use this menu item Database-Compress, it must fix all the internal database errors, and repeat export after that.


Of course, you are attempting to add titles instead of exporting info, but the advice is about repairing the database. Worth a shot.

AMVAS
AMVAS
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 5 months

Post #3by AMVAS » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:53 pm

Viki wrote:Have you tried Gemini's advice given elsewhere on this forum?

There is some database error. You need to use this menu item Database-Compress, it must fix all the internal database errors, and repeat export after that.

Of course, you are attempting to add titles instead of exporting info, but the advice is about repairing the database. Worth a shot.


Aha, thx for advice. Seems I found another way to fix this bug. But Gemini's one also makes sense. I thought to do it, but had a portion of fear to use compression for unstable working base

Gemini
Gemini
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 8 months

Post #4by Gemini » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:30 am

Hi there!
AMVAS

It looks like your database file was marked as "read only"- this could have caused troubles adding new movies.

Viki, thanks again for your help!
Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

AMVAS
AMVAS
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 5 months

Post #5by AMVAS » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:32 am

Gemini wrote:Hi there!
AMVAS

It looks like your database file was marked as "read only"- this could have caused troubles adding new movies.

Viki, thanks again for your help!
Regards,


Aha, no, very close, but not exactly the case.
It appears after I changed my operation system to Win 7 it made some limitations of access to all files on that HDD.
I found this later and removed those limitations

Gemini
Gemini
Reputation: 0
With us: 12 years 8 months

Post #6by Gemini » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:39 am

I see, thank you for the feedback! :)

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team


Return to “All My Movies”

Who is online (over the past 5 minutes)

Users browsing this forum: 2 guests