HTTP error code 503

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

hoppala
hoppala
With us: 7 years 5 months

Post #1by hoppala » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:49 pm

Hiho !

I was starting last week a new Database.
In the beginning, it was working fine, but 300 Movies later, I had always an Error:

HTTP error code 503

With "enter" the Software was going on, but than the Programm ignore some movies.

I was downloading now the new Version and thought the Problem is gone, but nope, the Window with the Error in now
much bigger than before.

What I'm using:

All my movies 8.8 Build 1445
German Language
Windows 7

Default Database: Amazon.de (German)
Import Screenshots
Get more details
Resize huge images
IMDB.com
Amazon.de
OFDB.de
DVDEMPIRE.com

I would love to add the rest of my collection.

Thanks in advance
Hoppala/Sven
Attachments
video2.jpg
The Error

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:12 pm

HTTP error code 503 - usually refers to the Web server (running the Web site) being currently unable to handle the HTTP request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay.

You should probably flush your DNS before attempting to connect to Amazon again. There is probably nothing wrong on your end, and after some time, you should be able to resume work on your database.

hoppala
hoppala

Post #3by hoppala » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:39 am

Hiho Viki !

Thank you. :D
I had the same thought. I will wait some hours and can go on, but in this case, it was not working. :(

Wit the command
ipconfig /flushdns

I tried it, but no chance.
Always the same Problem with Amazon.de. :(

Byebye
Hopps / Sven

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #4by bolide » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:25 am

hoppala wrote:Always the same Problem with Amazon.de. :(

I cannot reproduce the problem with Amazon.de, it works for me. My guess - they may temporary blocked your IP address for too many requests. Usually, temporary blocks are set for 1 day and then removed.
Bolide Software

hoppala
hoppala

Post #5by hoppala » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:05 pm

I cannot reproduce the problem with Amazon.de, it works for me. My guess - they may temporary blocked your IP address for too many requests. Usually, temporary blocks are set for 1 day and then removed.

Thanks, for testing it ! :) I think, I was adding too much movies, but never thought, that Amazon could block my IP.
I have more than 6000 Blu Rays and DVDs and I can't change my IP. Will try and test to add some new movies tonight.
Yesterday it wasn't working.

Falke176
Falke176
With us: 4 years

Post #6by Falke176 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:37 pm

if got the same error.
i flush the DNS
i reset the router
i got a new IP
every i trie it
ERROR 503

hoppala
hoppala

Post #7by hoppala » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:44 am

I tried it in the last weeks so many times..... no chance.
I bought this Software, to use this function and I don't understand it, that there is no chance to use this function in another way.
Specially you can buy "All my movies" with a Barcodescanner... but WHY ? It's not working..where is the sense ?

So new User buy this software like us and can't use it.
I can't use this Software with titles, because I have tons of movies in my collection with Collector Items.
To search every Movie from a list, it would take ages.

Return to “All My Movies”