How to import NFO files from Kodi?

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

SailorSam
SailorSam
With us: 5 years

Post #1by SailorSam » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:34 am

I saw it written in a facebook update you can import Kodi Nfo files, this is the reason I bought the software, but I can't seem to find any mention of this in the software itself. Was it taken out?

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:02 pm

Very interesting question. It made me look through the software to see if I could locate it. My search though the forums revealed links to Kodi's documentation on importing and exporting, but nothing about using it in AMM. The announcement for this capability was released with AMM v8.7 build 1441 which was 3 years ago.

In the past, several "plugins" were available to help with importing databases from other softwares (Ant Movie, MovieTrack, etc.), but not all are listed at the website any longer.

My favorite plugin, "savecovers2.dll", is no longer listed at the website - but the link to the plugin is still available although it is not referenced on the website nor in the forums. This makes me wonder just how many plugins exist.

Even though I do not use Kodi, I will be very interested to follow this topic. :wink:

SailorSam
SailorSam

nfo

Post #3by SailorSam » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:48 am

I discovered the other day that it automatically reads nfo files and applies relevant info, it isn't mentioned in the documentation though.

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #4by Viki » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:17 pm

SailorSam wrote:I discovered the other day that it automatically reads nfo files and applies relevant info, it isn't mentioned in the documentation though.

Would you be willing to explain how you discovered this? It may help others to find and utilize this capability. :wink:

SailorSam
SailorSam

Post #5by SailorSam » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:56 am

Well, when use the "Add from file.." or "Scan drive for movies" feature it will automatically add info from an .nfo file sitting in the same folder and having the same name as the relevant video file. I'm not sure what happens if you have more than one video file per folder as all mine are in individual folders.
Also it will ignore the .nfo files entirely if there are certain foreign characters in the folder. I have only tried with Japanese (it doesn't currently work), but presumably it would work with Chinese or Korean since UI translations of those are provided with the program.

Return to “All My Movies”