Edits not sticking in Custom Fields

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

R B Strautman
R B Strautman
With us: 12 years 2 months

Post #1by R B Strautman » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:55 pm

I am having a issue when editing information in the custom fields tab. I have 28 custom fields which I use to identify the locations where a film is available to watch, e.g., Amazon Prime, Amazon rental, currently in theater, Netflix, Turner Classic movies, and others.

The problem arises when I try to change a film from Available on Netflix (NFA) to in actually in my Netflix que (NFAQ). I remove the check mark from NFA and place a check mark in NFAQ. I then select OK and the record closes.

However, the result is that I now have check marks in both NFA and NFAQ. The NFA mark was not removed.

Currently the only way to make it display properly is to remove both check marks, close the record, reopen the record, place a check mark in the NFAQ box, select ok which closes the record and everything is then correct.

Why won't the program accept an edit to the custom NFA field and an edit to the NFAQ field at the same time?

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:54 pm

Greetings - Great to see your input!
:|
This issue sounds vaguely familiar... Different issue with the same solution.
http://forum.bolidesoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3667&p=9690#p9690

R B Strautman
R B Strautman
With us: 12 years 2 months

My solution for my own problem!

Post #3by R B Strautman » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:34 am

Viki,

I love that you provided an answer to my recent question with an answer I gave years ago to a problem that you yourself posted!. Brought a big smile to my face. :D

However, I was hoping that the developer would provide a real fix to the problem and not make us to use a clunky work around for a problem that we know exists in at least two different fields.

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #4by Viki » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:28 pm

I was hoping that the irony of it would coax the developers to respond...

Return to “All My Movies”