Filmweb.pl <=> All My Movies <=> Polish version / errors and suggestions

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

dorsaj M
dorsaj M
With us: 3 years 10 months

Post #1by dorsaj » Thu May 07, 2020 6:59 pm

After a few years, I decided to go back to using All My Movies and, unfortunately, a quite significant error caught my eye. The program incorrectly downloads movie descriptions from filmweb.pl. The descriptions of the film as well as the names of the characters played by the actors lack Polish characters like: ź, ż, ł, ą etc. Instead of these characters is the "?" Character.
Another problem I noticed occurs when several movies have the same title. When we open "Edit movie details" and search for such a movie on IMDb.com, a picture (poster) of the movie is displayed next to the proposed movies. And when we want to search for a movie through filmweb.pl, only the title suggestions are displayed without any photos.

I also don't know who made the Polish version of the program for you, but I think I found some inaccuracies. The "title" column is translated into "Tytuł polski” (Polish title), and the program does not insert the Polish film title there, only the original title (English, French, Chinese etc.). Therefore, probably the name "Original title" would fit more in this column, or what you have translated in the program into "Original title".
In my opinion, a similar matter is with the "Other title" column, which name is translated into "Inny tytuł” (Other title). And after what the program puts there would more suit „Nazwa pliku” (File name).

It would be nice if a real column called "Polish Title" came to All My Movies, where you could actually see Polish movie titles.

And I miss one more function in the program. Unless she is somewhere and I didn't notice her. If the movie is in a digital version on an hdd disc it is a function that would take us to the place where this file is located.

I wish you good luck in developing the program and I hope that this time I will be able to stay with All My Movies longer.
Well, I hope you understand at least half of my collaboration with google translate.

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Thu May 07, 2020 7:34 pm

And I miss one more function in the program. Unless she is somewhere and I didn't notice her. If the movie is in a digital version on an hdd disc it is a function that would take us to the place where this file is located.

AMM > Database > Backup
(It is always a good idea to back-up your database before you make any changes.)

AMM > Tools > Preferences > Expert Options

Make sure the following is NOT checked:
"Do not start playback with double click on the movie title in the list"

Make sure TO check:
"Use relative path for video located in the folder below"
- Choose folder (or drive) where your files are stored.
Click "OK", and wait for AMM to save your changes.
(Depending on how large your database is, this may take a little while.)

Hopefully, you have already assigned a "local path" for your files. (edit movie record - media info - local path)
If not, you could create a new database and re-scan your drive/folder where the files are.
Or, you could manually open each movie card and assign the "local path".

At any rate, AMM will provide the location for titles added AFTER the change to the "Expert Options".
Last edited by Viki on Thu May 07, 2020 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: "relative path" needs "local path"

dorsaj M
dorsaj M

Post #3by dorsaj » Fri May 08, 2020 7:22 pm

I don't think you really understood what I meant. In a moment I will try to explain it better.

I followed your advice and the only change I noticed is that after pressing the movie activation button in the movie card is the appearance of the movie track for 0.1 s (yes, I know if the track clicks quickly enough it displays longer). Is that what you meant? Because I didn't notice any other change.

And I mean something else. Not the function that shows the file path. But for a function that would take us to the file location. Is as an additional function in the context menu, or maybe an additional link in the movie tab. As in the movie card, there is a link to the movie page on the internet "Visit movie's web page", which takes us to the movie page. That it would be such a similar function that will take us to the place where this file is located.

Okay. I found the above function myself. I started reading the list of changes in the program and there I read that the function I was interested in was added in version 8.9 Build 1455 (in other words quite recently) as "Open Movie Location".

It would be nice for someone to refer to the other comments.

Andrewsky
Andrewsky

Post #4by Andrewsky » Thu May 28, 2020 1:21 pm

It would be nice if Polish characters would work with Filmweb plugin. Right now it's a bit useless to use All My Movies in Poland.
Dorsay is also right regarding "Polish Title" as it also doesn't work as it supposed.

Andrewsky
Andrewsky

Post #5by Andrewsky » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:04 am

Is there any info when we should expect the update? We're unable to use the software for past few months...

Return to “All My Movies”