IMDB missing details

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

dr0fdarb
dr0fdarb
With us: 2 years 9 months

Post #1by dr0fdarb » Fri May 28, 2021 8:47 am

Was wondering if others are seeing the same or if I broke something on my PC, but IMDB lookups are not filling in all the details.

I only get actors and year, everything else is being missed, only started a day or so ago.

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Fri May 28, 2021 11:21 am

Your pc is fine. Every so often, IMDb will change something on their website and information will not be picked up until the software is updated. Having several choices for getting the info is a real plus during these times - I use tMDb primarily, and IMDb as backup. Before too long, there should be a newer version of AMM.

dr0fdarb
dr0fdarb
With us: 2 years 9 months

Post #3by dr0fdarb » Fri May 28, 2021 8:15 pm

Thanks, I will try tmdb in the meantime.

R B Strautman
R B Strautman
With us: 12 years 2 months

Post #4by R B Strautman » Mon May 31, 2021 8:32 pm

Thanks for the answer to this question. I just used tMDb for the first time and it worked fine while waiting for the AMM program update. I was stuck trying to add an older film to my database (The Terminal, an old Tom Hanks film that I missed when it was in the theaters in 2004). BTW, a nice feel-good film.

R B Strautman
R B Strautman
With us: 12 years 2 months

Post #5by R B Strautman » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:23 am

I just used the TmDB database to upload Black Widow since the AMM current import function with IMDb is still not working. The character information was a real mess. Actor names & character names repeated 2-5 times with identical information. Many, many very minor characters included (may not be an issue for some users but will certainly make the record quit large unless edited down).

Return to “All My Movies”