IMDB import is still not working correctly

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

R B Strautman
R B Strautman
With us: 12 years 2 months

Post #1by R B Strautman » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:31 am

It appears that the problem reported 5 weeks ago about the import function from IMDB not working properly has not been fixed. Films imported from IMDB are still missing a lot of information.

Normally the developer is quick to fix IMDB import problems but not this time. This is a shame because people are returning to movie theaters again, but we can't use AMM to get complete records from IMDB. I have several new films I would like to add to my database but the records from IMDB are incomplete.

Please fix this import problem quickly.

dr0fdarb
dr0fdarb
With us: 2 years 9 months

Post #2by dr0fdarb » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:14 pm

Hi,

I do still some issues also, particularly the comments and keywords are missing.

Brad

dr0fdarb
dr0fdarb
With us: 2 years 9 months

Post #3by dr0fdarb » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:03 am

Also I used to copy and paste the movie name into the Original title field and after the import it would auto correct the name, now it is often blank or if I put the URL in it stays as the URL. It also tries to update automatically when I edit it, definitely a change in behavior in this new version.

downe
downe
With us: 16 years 4 months

Imdb

Post #4by downe » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:38 pm

Imdb script doesn't work well. Doesn't import TV series directors, screenwriters, or TV episodes.

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #5by Viki » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Great news!
The developers have released an updated version 8.9.1465 today (10.11.21) that corrects the issues with getting movie information from the IMDb.
(I wish they would change the version number slightly to indicate the latest working version... so, I now add the date to my executable files before I archive them.)
I have installed this "newer" version and tested it against the IMDb. The results are great, program is once again doing the work for me. :D

Edit - (10.12.21)
Although the 'newest' 8.9.1465 version does work with IMDb, it has affected how the cover art is displayed in the movie description area. Resizing thumbnails does not correct this issue (only thumbnails).
Now, when I select the cover art in the movie card, I get a HUGE item that only displays about a quarter of the image. To view the remaining part I have to scroll vertically and horizontally. I am seriously tempted to try and roll back to a previous version of 8.9.1465 and deal with the manual entry of missing information. My catalogue is quite extensive and I have spent a lot of time and work on getting the cover art that appeals to me. Still digging for answers, I will be back. :?

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #6by Viki » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:54 pm

The developer has resolved the issue with the latest version 8.9.1465 (10.13.21).
This version works as expected.
The link to the working version is:

Code: Select all

https://www.bolidesoft.com/software/amm_setup.exe?nocache

Return to “All My Movies”