Export Function Not Working Correctly

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Jeremy
Jeremy
With us: 2 years 4 months

Post #1by Jeremy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:33 pm

When I try to export my collection to PDF using the DVD Cover option it only ever exports a portion of my collection and the number of movies it exports varies each time. It does them alphabetically but will say completed and when I open the pdf it only exported to 'L' or 'M', etc.

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:12 pm

Not sure if this is relevant to your issue, but Adobe lists limitations to the size of pdf's

Code: Select all

https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/file-size-limitations.html

Have you tried to export your collection via an alternative method? How large is your collection? There are many factors that may be at play, so I'm just guessing.

I export to html using the Online Movie List template - which creates an html file (named the same as my database) and a folder for the images that go with it. (It looks best when opened in IE, but will also work if opened in Firefox.)
The files can be sorted by Title, Rating, Date added, Duration, Year, or Country. Also has a Search box for ease of use.

My collection is quite large, and I have opted to NOT store images inside my database due to the 2GB size limitation of AMM. My folder that holds the images for my database is well over 2GB but does not add to the size of my database. It does take a little while for my database to open due to its' size.

Of course, there are many other export options available to try.

Return to “All My Movies”