New version 9.0.1470 available

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #1by Viki » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:20 pm

New version 9.0.1470 available today! :D I just bought my new license for half-price and will enjoy giving it a test run.
More later...

piper
piper
With us: 2 years 3 months

ver9.0

Post #2by piper » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:12 pm

Any luck getting descriptions to show up?

Viki F
Viki F

Post #3by Viki » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:11 pm

Which online database are you choosing to add titles?

The recent changes to the version 9 are listed here:
https://www.bolidesoft.com/allmymovies/whatsnew.html

I have chosen the new TheMOVIEDb.org (multi-language), as my default source, and the descriptions are being filled in.

Let us know if this helps or if you may have found a bug!

ViDi0T
ViDi0T
With us: 18 years 4 months

Post #4by ViDi0T » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:35 am

Is there anything new that warrants a major version upgrade?
It seems to me that it is just to fix the Amazon legal issue and Max has decided to bill us all for this.

Can I sync my movie database to my OneDrive, Google Drive, or Drop Box for access on my Ipad or do I still have to sync through Bolide?

Viki F
Viki F

Post #5by Viki » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:42 pm

ViDi0T wrote:Is there anything new that warrants a major version upgrade?

Have you looked at the changes list for this version? They include a lot more than the move away from Amazon and the IMDb.
It was well worth the twenty bucks to upgrade, in my opinion. I am very pleased with the fully working version 9.

ViDi0T
ViDi0T
With us: 18 years 4 months

Post #6by ViDi0T » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:10 pm

Yes, I have read the list numerous times and I am struggling to see what the major new functionality is other than a forced change to TMDB.

I have upgraded to 9.0 to test, and with my existing 3000+ movie database, I cant say I am finding anything new or different for the existing movies. Maybe I am missing something, but all I notice is a couple new templates and the ability to edit the database reopen list, nothing that I would call a major update.

What are the new things that your really like?

I will probably upgrade my license to show my continued support, but I cant help but feel that this products continued development is really falling behind.

Viki F
Viki F

Post #7by Viki » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:23 pm

ViDi0T wrote:What are the new things that your really like?

The biggest improvement is the consistently reliable fill-in of information using TheMovieDb, as opposed to the sporadic results that occurred with IMDb and/or Amazon. Then there's the 'fix' updating existing episode details from TheTVDB.com.

Sure, some of the new capabilities really do not interest me as I prefer to keep my catalog as minimal as possible, but to each their own! I do not indicate audio qualities, need similar titles suggested, nor do I 'Play' titles from inside my database due to the fact that media does not reside permanently on my hard drives. The catalog was (and is) intended to provide a quick reference to my stored discs with the necessary information that allows me to choose which disc I want.

Overall, a more stable product than previous versions in my opinion.

Speedo
Speedo
With us: 9 years 10 months

Post #8by Speedo » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:05 pm

Hahahahah I have to pay $ 25 again for version 9 and it doesn't even download the cover from filmweb.pl. Waste of money.
Attachments
Screenshot_1.png

Return to “All My Movies”