Getting Host Unreachable error

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Kenney33
Kenney33
With us: 5 years 8 months

Post #1by Kenney33 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:15 am

I just upgraded to V9. I tried adding some new TV shows, selected the TVDB and searched, nothing happened. Tried using TMDB, popped an error message
Host Unreachable

2021-12-28_175427.png

I never use Internet Explorer, but I do have it unblocked in the firewall and internet explorer 11 doesn't have 'work offline'. I also made sure All my Movies is unblocked, which it is. I had this same issue, whenever I tried to see if any new versions were available, in v8.9 Build 1465. I just resorted going to website to see any were available.

I use Windows 7, which your download page says it will work on.

Any help will be appreciated, otherwise I might ask for refund and revert back to old version.

Kenny

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:03 pm

Have you tried rebooting your modem?
Sometimes the problem may be in the network, as opposed to your system. :?:

Kenney33
Kenney33
With us: 5 years 8 months

Post #3by Kenney33 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:58 pm

Hi Vicki,

Just tried resetting the modem. Still no go. All my Movies used to work online, then a few upgrades later, this problem started to pop up, mostly when trying to reach the server to check for new updates.

With V9 it happens when I use TMDB. And any other host, just doesn't download any info. I have various other apps installed, including my browser that can access the internet and let me know about updates, sometimes annoyingly so.

I think it has something to do with using Internet Explorer engine. When that was added to the software, that's when the problem started, for me anyways.

Well, I'll send a note to support. Hopefully they can help. If not, a lot work is in my future, let alone, learn a new catalogue program :cry: :cry: :cry:

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #4by Viki » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:48 pm

AMM has always been based off the IE engine to perform online tasks - not something new.

I dug around the forum and found this thread that has some valuable information to help track down the issue you have experienced. Let us know if any of this helps to resolve your issue so others may benefit from your efforts.
http://forum.bolidesoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3833&p=10026#p10026

You get quicker results if you contact 'Support' from within your AMM software: Toolbar > Help > Support :)

Return to “All My Movies”