Newbie issue - sorry!

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

sirshambling
sirshambling
With us: 2 years 2 months

Post #1by sirshambling » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:23 pm

I'm a refugee from DVDProfiler trying out the trial version of AMM - hopefully to purchase shortly.

The export / import from Profiler worked really well and entering a new movie was flawless - really impressed.

But the issue I have is with the Batch Update tool. Trying to use it to update "Unfilled" or "Selected Movie" the tool crashes out every time with the message "Connection error or updating aborted!" Thanks to an earlier posting on this forum I've tried "check for updates" and "support" both of which work instantly - so no connection problem. I've also added everything with the word "bolide" to my "trusted programs" list on Kaspersky to make sure that my firewall isn't blocking the batch update tool.

So I'm left with "updating aborted!". Can anybody help me with this issue please? Is it a limitation of the Trial Version I'm using?

Many thanks. Sorry to bother everybody. John.

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:12 pm

sirshambling wrote:I'm a refugee from DVDProfiler trying out the trial version of AMM - hopefully to purchase shortly.

So I'm left with "updating aborted!". Can anybody help me with this issue please? Is it a limitation of the Trial Version I'm using?

Quoting directly from the Bolidesoft website:
Try it before you buy it

See for yourself what an excellent movie catalog building tool All My Movies can be through our free 30 day trial download. HTML exports are limited, and you won't be able to create a new database with the free version, but you're welcome to work with the sample DB provided. If you like what you see and decide to buy a copy, you can take advantage of one of our special offers.

Special Offers

If you're already using one of our competitors' movie collection programs, we'll give you a 25% discount off the total price when you choose to switch to All My Movies!
Are you a blogger? Post an All My Movies review to your blog and we'll provide you with a license for free!

Now, as to the "Batch Update" - there are numerous posts across this forum concerning this feature, most of which pertain to how aggravating and inconsistent the results are. I cannot attest to how this works because I gave up on batching anything several versions back. I have been using AMM since version 6 and early on I tried the function several times and was very thankful to have created backups of my database prior to doing so. By version 8 my database became too large to even consider using the feature!

Other users of this software may be able to give advice to the contrary - but I steer clear of it. :roll:

sirshambling
sirshambling
With us: 2 years 2 months

Post #3by sirshambling » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:27 pm

Hi Viki,

Many thanks for your reply. I've got the "special offer" on my mind - that's why I'm trying AMM out.

Getting even more bizarre outcomes from trying out the Batch Updater again this morning - movie titles disappearing for example. I think your advice to avoid this tool seems ever more sensible - I will follow it from now on.

Thanks very much for replying to my post. John.

Return to “All My Movies”