Ex Dvd Profiler

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

ZappaFrank
ZappaFrank
With us: 2 years 2 months

Post #1by ZappaFrank » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:50 pm

My Dvd Profiler has crashed. Looking at your software to purchase.
Since Dvd Profiler crashed I can't use the export to import to your software all I have is a backup file it is a bdp file can this work ?

THX

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:04 pm

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your catalogue.

You say that DVD Profiler crashed. (Not familiar with this particular software, but too much experience with 'crashes'.)

Try copying your dpb file to a safe location (thumb drive, winrar archive, etc.) and then uninstall DVD Profiler.
Reboot your system and then reinstall DVD Profiler, register it with your license, and then 'open' your saved dpb and make sure that everything looks as it should.
From there you should be able to 'Export' your collection to 'XML' so that it can be 'Imported' into AllMyMovies (AMM).

It seems as though Invelos Software and its' forum have disappeared... hope you kept your installer and license key.

Edit:
Found the following resource that may help if you are unable to resurrect DVD Profiler...
https://fileproinfo.com/tools/converter/dpb# 8)

swingintweendaknees
swingintweendaknees
With us: 1 year 10 months

Post #3by swingintweendaknees » Thu May 05, 2022 11:32 pm

I experienced the same scare with DVDProfiler this past January; however, I didn't jump ship. Instead I became more deliberate about making backup copies. 5 months later, my online catalog is all fouled up again. It has been 3 days now with no recovery. Now I'm convinced to switch horses. Bolide software looks promising as it is not a subscription service. What is the catch? the app is only a few dollars in a one-time fee. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

Return to “All My Movies”