redirect link/path of the movies to the hard disks

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

GIPIK69
GIPIK69
With us: 2 years 2 months

Post #1by GIPIK69 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:15 am

Dear all, I hope you have a good new year!

My problem:
I have connected 5 different hard drives to my server pc. The movies I have are scattered all over. With “AllMyMovies” I have created a list of all the movies and their media details. For each movie there is a link that shows which hard drive exactly the movie is on (path).

Recently, after a change something in the pc, the letters representing each disk were changed. No change has been made other than this. Now in the list of movies there are all the movies but it does not find the right path.

Is there a command or way in the program to redirect the catalog movies to the correct ling/path? Or I may have to start all over again (something I can never do).

thank you in advance
gipik69

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:51 pm

Searching this forum revealed some expert advice on this topic.
Read the following posts to find a possible solution for your issue:

http://forum.bolidesoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3626&p=9492#p9492

http://forum.bolidesoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5208&p=11637#p11637

http://forum.bolidesoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2&p=10206#p10206

GIPIK69
GIPIK69
With us: 2 years 2 months

Post #3by GIPIK69 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:06 am

First of all, thank you for answering my question immediately.

I think that the 3 solutions do not serve my purpose. My problem is that the movies in the catalog are scattered on 5 different hard drives without knowing which movie on which drive.

The tool that would serve should read the movie from the “AllMyMovies” list and look for it on all 5 hard drives. Once it finds it, it will redirect to the correct location (path).

Alternatively, it could read each movie from the hard drive and search the “AllMyMovies” catalog to find it.
If finds it, should inform only the point of the location (path).

What do you think; do we have something like that?

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #4by Viki » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:39 pm

GIPIK69 wrote:The tool that would serve should read the movie from the “AllMyMovies” list and look for it on all 5 hard drives. Once it finds it, it will redirect to the correct location (path).

Alternatively, it could read each movie from the hard drive and search the “AllMyMovies” catalog to find it.
If finds it, should inform only the point of the location (path).

You have just described the 'Manual' way of how a 'Person' would resolve this issue.
The developers may have more information, but outside of the advice already noted in this thread, you are faced with sorting things out the 'Manual' way.

Return to “All My Movies”