TV episodes listings.

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

BillStirling
BillStirling
With us: 2 years 1 month

Post #1by BillStirling » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:50 pm

Hi there,
New member here - please be understanding.
I can't find anything like instructions or a list of steps to take to correctly fill in the Episode page under the tab marked episode.

The problem is one of saving the individual episode details. For instance, under the program called Panorama episodes are listed going back to 1953, which is amazing and very helpful. Now if I highlight an episode from say, 2010, the right-hand pane shows the details as expected. If this is a program that I recorded back in 2010 then I want to save the details, so I do this by the green OK button, then step back to the previous page, tabbed General, or close to the main movie/TV show page where I would expect to find some link or listing on the program details page, the pane containing the cover pic.

But there's nothing there.
And if I return to the episode tab, the listed episode that was there, which I thought I saved, has gone. Is this what is supposed to happen? Cannot the episode be made visible on the movie details pane, or cannot it even be saved at all? Do I have to then go hunting for the episode again in the long Series list on the left on the episode look-up tab?
In short, can the episode details be saved, and if so, how exactly please? And where is this all explained in the instruction "manual"?

Many thanks.

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by Viki » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:27 pm

If you use thetvdb to populate your tv series, the episodes and descriptions are filled in automatically for every episode. If you only want a few seasons instead of all - you can delete individual episodes (or seasons) to suit your needs.

Adding episodes manually requires that you first "add a season" and then "add an episode", give the episode a title and fill in the description BEFORE you press the green OK button. (You can add multiple episodes and seasons prior to pressing the OK button).

On your title card (the one with your artwork) there will be a spot that says "Click to show episodes (# of episodes)". Clicking on this makes the episodes that you have saved appear on the title card. If there are no episodes stored, the option will not be available. :)

BillStirling
BillStirling

Post #3by BillStirling » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:22 pm

Hi Viki,

Thank you for your very swift reply.
I replied yesterday but there is no sign of this on this page. I'll have to keep copies elsewhere in future. So... again...

The episodes do not show up in the title card. The method you kindly outlined was the same method I used before I posted my question. And after your reply I repeated the process precisely. No episodes get listed. I used theTVDb link to populate the main page and the only place the episodes are listed is in the left-hand pane of the Episodes tab. I tried this with the programme called The West Wing, that has 7 series all with about 13 episodes.
They appeared in that left pane. I clicked on various episodes and the name of it and the plot appeared to the right. Below was a long box marked URL that was filled, and under that was an empty box for a local file. Pressed green OK button that stepped me back to the main page. There were no episode details shown on the title card - not then and also not before I went into the Episode tab. Only the main credits, generic description and comments. The last line shows a name credit for the template designer. No link or line to click to show episodes, and no scroll bar to the right.

I went back into the tab screen and the chosen episode details were gone - only the left pane series and ep. summary list was still there. So the ep. seems not to be being saved. So if the ep. list is supposed to fill automatically on the main page without even going into the Ep. tab box, then that is not working.

I hope this is all clear. To make it so, a long script is necessary. I have tried this same routine with other series that have multiple eps, and the result is the same.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any ideas please?

Bill.

Viki F
Viki F

Post #4by Viki » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:24 pm

Are you using the latest version (v9.0.1471)? And, is it a trial or a full version?
Which movie card template are you using?

BillStirling
BillStirling

Post #5by BillStirling » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:55 am

Ahaaa....

It's the latest version, updated Tuesday, v1471, and a full paid-for copy.

The template is "LITE GRAY", BUT, I just tried "DARK", like your sample shots, and that works perfectly!
As does the "likeIMDb" template.

So there we are - you've just discovered a faulty template, LITE GRAY. Can you report this or should I do so?

THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH - good thinking.

Bill
Last edited by BillStirling on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Viki F
Viki F

Post #6by Viki » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:45 am

So glad that you have resolved your issue. :D
You can report the template if you like, but having it here in the forum will help others experiencing the same type of issue. :wink:

Return to “All My Movies”