Media Location - Local to LAN work manualy but how change in bloc the location
Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:59 pm
I have changed the location of my hard disk and I have installed it in my local network, but this change creates a problem because the software does not find the movies anymore, I have done the manual process for a movie and I have manually changed the location of the movie, but the problem is that there are more than 2000 titles, I need help. How do I change the location en bloc because even if I try, I can't do it, it seems that it needs the location to be explicit with the file title, but manually it would be very time consuming. thank you very much for your help.
Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:08 am
If you used relative paths for your video files, you can just change the common part of the folder name in the Preferences.
If you are using default absolute file names, it is still possible to change Local Path values in a batch. For example, your old folder for all the movie files was d:\ and now it is e:\movies\ follow the steps:
- save a backup copy of your database using menu item "Database - Backup"
- go to Preferences (menu item "Tools-Preferences") "Expert options" tab
- paste "d:\" without quotes to the common folder line (under "Use relative paths ..." option)
- turn on "Use relative paths..." option, the program asks to change existing paths, choose YES
- go to "Expert options" tab again and change d:\ to e:\movies\
Now the program should "see" your files again