All my Movies on Windows 11

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Caine
Caine
With us: 9 months 19 days

Post #1by Caine » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:15 pm

Hi,
I bought All my Movies years ago and I really enjoyed using it. Now I changed all my systems to Windows 11 and since Microsoft disabled Internet Explorer and everything that had to do with it Amm gives the "Host unreachable Error" everytime when I try adding a movie with my barcode scanner. Is there a fix for that?
Or is it planned to rework the search engine to a more modern one?

[attachment=0]Bild_2023-07-08_141517375.png[/attachment]

Update: It seems that the IE Engine still works, but there is no databank available which supports EAN. Is it planned to add new databases in the future? (English or German)
I hope you can help me.

Greetings Caine
Attachments
Bild_2023-07-08_141517375.png

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 8 months

Post #2by bolide » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:07 am

This error is not related to IE or Windows 11, actually. I guess it happens when you're trying to add a movie by barcode? Unfortunately, since Amazon denied us access to use their data, AMM cannot look up the movie details by barcode. I don't know of any good online movie database where AMM can look up movies by barcode. If you know one, please let me know.

Anyway, you're still able to add new movies by their title; type in the movie title (or part of it) in the "Original title" field and press the Enter key to look up the details.
Bolide Software

Return to “All My Movies”