AMM Database Manager

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

datasource
datasource
With us: 16 years 10 months

Post #16by datasource » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your interest in AMM Database Manager. I didn't bother posting updates on this forum since I have not seen any interest in my utility. On russian forum users have been way more active posting questions, feature requests, etc. So I was updating this utility pretty regularly up until august last year. Unfortunately, at the moment the development is put on hold. Maybe if I have time in the future I might do a little more with the utility. In the meantime you are welcome to download the latest version 2.12 from Aug 7, 2008.

http://depositfiles.com/files/khtlrq686

If you have questions about features and how to use them, post your inquiries in this topic. I will try to answer them in a timely manner.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #17by Gemini » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi, datasource!
Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Best regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Nynaevelan
Nynaevelan
With us: 14 years 9 months

Post #18by Nynaevelan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Thank you for the posting of the update, I am new to AMM and to your utility. But from what I have seen so far of both I anticipate I will be a long time user and will ultimately be posting both questions and feature requests.

Once again, thank you

Nyn
AMM - v5.9.1296
AMB - v2.0.1120

Nynaevelan
Nynaevelan

Post #19by Nynaevelan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi:

Is there a way in the manager to have the movie number updated for a select number of movies to be created automatically in a numerical sequence?

Nyn
AMM - v5.9.1296

AMB - v2.0.1120

datasource
datasource

Post #20by datasource » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:09 pm

Nynaevelan wrote:Hi:

Is there a way in the manager to have the movie number updated for a select number of movies to be created automatically in a numerical sequence?

Nyn

Well, I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish (you message is not detailed enough). But there is a new interface in the utility called "Renumber Movies...". Try it, maybe it will help you with your task. It is accessible through the main menu File->Renumber Movies...

Nynaevelan
Nynaevelan

Post #21by Nynaevelan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:36 pm

datasource wrote:
Well, I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish (you message is not detailed enough). But there is a new interface in the utility called "Renumber Movies...". Try it, maybe it will help you with your task. It is accessible through the main menu File->Renumber Movies...

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. :D :D

Nyn
AMM - v5.9.1296

AMB - v2.0.1120

TistyProg
TistyProg
With us: 16 years 2 months

AMM Database Manager and Windows 7 64-bit

Post #22by TistyProg » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi,

Does someone knows how to get the AMM Database Manager working on Windows 7 x64? The access application gives now an error on an unknown object. ActiveX component is missing.

Thanks

TistyProg
TistyProg

Post #23by TistyProg » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Hello

I have found the solution self.

For Windows Vista x64 and Windows 7 x64, you have to copy the ActiveX components manually.

For x64 Windows the 32-bit dlls and ocxs must be copied to
%windir%\SysWOW64 and here registered.

TistyProg
TistyProg

Post #24by TistyProg » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:24 am

Here you find the full steps for getting it work on a 64-bit Vista or Windows 7.

You can download the files at
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_ ... rhgXX7B_7kadI2Y5i8iicTvGCera9Q

1) unpack
2) you see four files: one cmd, three ocx. (these are 32-bit binaries)
3) switch off user access control (elevated rights are needed)
3) copy the ocx files to %windir%\SysWOW64 (don't overwrite here newer versions)
4) use regsvr32.exe to register these ocx files

That's it.
If you are getting an error "ActiveX component can't create object", download and install the latest version of Microsoft Data Access Components.(http://www.bolidesoft.com/software/manager/MDAC_TYP.EXE)

Have fun :-)

strodewoman
strodewoman
With us: 14 years 3 months

AMM Movie Manager

Post #25by strodewoman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:38 am

So I'm a newbie here but I can't get AMM movie manager to work with Windows 7 and I have tried the suggestions mentioned but to no avail. Can someone give this non-techie some hand-holding to fix this problem?

Thanks! :oops:

motobret
motobret
With us: 14 years 2 months

Post #26by motobret » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:58 pm

I am unable to download the ActiveX file from the Russian site, is there another site I can get the file from. Or can someone send me the file if they alreay have it.
Thx
moto

delebash
delebash
With us: 15 years 1 month

activex for win7 x64

Post #27by delebash » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:08 am

activex for win 7 x64

Code: Select all

http://rapidshare.com/files/399916154/All_my_moviea_databas_mamabger_win_7_x64ActiveX.zip.html

Amm DatabaseManager 2008 2.1.2

Code: Select all

http://rapidshare.com/files/399924322/AMM_Manager_2008_2.1.2.7z.html

datasource
datasource

AMM Database Manager Latest version

Post #28by datasource » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:21 pm

You can download the latest version 2.12 from here:

http://depositfiles.com/files/028m5bnzg

If you need explanation about how some of the functions work, please post questions in this forum. I will try to reply in a timely manner.

pili73
pili73
With us: 13 years 8 months

Post #29by pili73 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:14 am

I'm a bit confused... :?
On 2008-01-13:
datasource wrote:The latest version of AMM Database Manager is 2.5 from Jan 7, 2008. Download it from here
Then on 2010-06-17:
datasource wrote:You can download the latest version 2.12 from here:
http://depositfiles.com/files/028m5bnzg
If you need explanation about how some of the functions work, please post questions in this forum. I will try to reply in a timely manner.

and that 2.12 is from Aug 7, 2008.
But... 2.12 is lower than 2.5! :?

Anyway...
How do I get Database Manager 2.12 to work with AMM 6.0 on Vista-32?
'AMM_Manager_2003.zip' contains 'ActiveXsetup.exe' and a .mde file and a .amm-file.
The setup-file isn't working, after running it, a pop-up says "wasn't installed properly".
But after downloading the extra Win7-64 ActiveX-files (even though I have Vista 32-bit) and running 'Install.cmd' I got your setup-file to work. (Have you not included all in your setup-file? Or am I a moron? :()

But now when I try to open the .mde-file Access opens up but then says "the file is located outside your intranet...won't open due to potential security problems" even though it's on my C-drive, in the same folder as my amm-database.
(I've tried other places too, without luck) :(

What am I doing wrong? What shall I do? (I must be a moron... :cry:)
Pia Liljebladh, Sweden

TistyProg
TistyProg

Windows 7 SP1

Post #30by TistyProg » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi,

Since the release of Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Microsoft changed some function calls in the Data Access Components. Since then the AMM Database Manager doesn't work anymore. A data source error message is thrown.

Does someone know a solution? Or will the creator make a new version available? Hopefully...

Thanks

Return to “All My Movies”