Problems With Large Number Of Files

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about Image Comparer. Any suggestions are welcome!
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

GerryFr
GerryFr
With us: 15 years 6 months

Post #1by GerryFr » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:01 am

I have a gallery with a large number of pictures in it (> 60K) and if I try to do a compare within the gallery the remaining time indicator runs out in about an hour into to compare with only 5% of the files compared. If I let the program run all day, the compare slows down (after 20 hrs) until it is taking several minutes to do one compare. I then have to stop the program as it would take a week to finish the job at the rate it was going. Sub folder comparisons (10K) of the same pictures do not have this problem.

I also have a problem that if I create a gallery and then create another gallery (for the purpose of comparing with the first gallery) the comparison of these two galleries fails because the program says the first gallery has only 2 pictures in it. I close the program and restart it and compare the same two galleries and the program then runs OK. This is a very consistent problem. It is made worse because the program deletes my compare results file from a previous run (with the same compare results file name). It would be nice if the program does not delete any file until it is sure no error has occurred on on the new run.
Jerry

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Re: Problems With Large Number Of Files

Post #2by bolide » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:41 am

What Image Comparer version you have installed? The latest version should work fine with the large number of files
Bolide Software

GerryFr
GerryFr
With us: 15 years 6 months

Post #3by GerryFr » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:12 am

I have version 3.5.

I just tried it again with over 69K of mostly JPG pictures and got the same results. I have had the same results with different computers and using both XP and Vista.
Jerry

Return to “Image Comparer”